getting active

Options
Rikki Leigh
Rikki Leigh Member Posts: 44
edited July 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi all

I have joined a gym. Thought it would be good to go on the way home from work. First day of work today after being on holidays for 6 weeks and thought I would be tired from work so would not go to gym but I did go thinking if I am going to make a habit of going to the gym after work I should start off the way I want to continue. I only went for 45 minutes but at least I got there. I have also been taking the dog for a walk along the strand every night, depending on my shifts I may need to take her at other times during the day so she does not miss out on her exercise.

I will keep you posted as to how my exercise is going. Next is to tackle healthy eating.

bye for now :-}

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited July 2015
    Options

That is awesome Rikki Lee, you'll feel heaps better, have more energy and it's so positive to do something active. Your dog will love you too. What a woman, Trace??

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    edited August 2015
    Options

Good job Rikki,

I go for a bushwalk almost every day of the week and then prance around at home for a bit and call it exercise. Dogs make great workout partners, mine is  getting too old to walk too far but we still go to the end of the street and back a few times a day. He loves it.

Take care of yourself,

Mira

• Keryn
    Keryn Member Posts: 107
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi there, isnt the strand great for walking! I love the fact that there is allways sonething happening, even if its just watching the world! Good on you for joining a gym, its not my cuppa but I have been walking. Hopefully will shift a few KGs while Im at it too. xxx Take care.

• KezzaB
    KezzaB Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Rikki,

Awesome Work!! You sound so happy and energised in your writing.

I approached my gym I used to go to and asked if they could help me out with fees as I am now not working and single mum of 2 struggling a bit, I love my local community YMCA granted me free membership for the next month to get started - body balance classes and relaxation/meditation each Tuesday and Thursdays for me - I almost feel human too - loving it need to shift the last 15 extra kgs I stacked on with chemo - awesome work Rikki, thanks for sharing

• Carol
    Carol Member Posts: 150
    edited August 2015
    Options

lovely to see how you all are joinig gyms! Like some Im not so much of a gym on thier own person but have done group sessions at my hospital for post bc patients then healthy lifestyle, heartmoves exercises. My favourite at the moment is tai Chi qigong at my uni gym and hope to get back to aquafitness when it warms up and I finally get over this post summit cold/flu

wish I still had a dog to walk like Rikki - great way to make friends in a new area too

Carol