Happy Anniversary! (and let's get connected :)

Options
Di_BCNA
Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
edited May 2011 in Day to day

Hi all!

I feel like I should be using bells and whistles on this post, because it marks a great milestone for us.  This week marks the one year anniversary of the launch of this online network.  How fabulous is that?!?

I'll make another post with some stats a bit later, but first I'd like to personally thank all of you who've joined in and made the network the warm and welcoming place that it is, and then I think we should celebrate with a new Get Connected Day post.

So if you've posted a lot, or never posted at all, you're welcome to leave a comment here so that others can meet you and say hi.

As a reminder, and for those of you who are new, the purpose of the Get Connected post is to provide a place where you can introduce yourself if you'd like to widen your connections, so everyone is welcome.

Don't be nervous about giving it a go if you've never posted before -- you can't really break anything, and you might make a whole bunch of new friends. :)

What to do...

Comment to this post (use the comment form at the bottom of the page) with a short note about yourself and who you're looking to connect to.  Easy!

If you see someone with experience similar to yours, who you'd like to connect to, then just click their username (in their post) and you will end up on their profile page.  Then all you need to do is look on the left side of the page under their picture and you'll see an "add contact" link and follow the prompts.

Why connect to others?

One of the good things about connecting to others, is that all of their blog posts will show up on your homepage in a reading list.  So if you haven't visited the site in a few days, you'll still see what everyone is up to!

Important note

Remember to check your own privacy settings on your "edit" page. There's no need to reveal anything personal or private, but if you want others to connect to you, you should make some of your My Profile settings "public" so others can see them and find out a bit about you (eg. 'my story', 'about' me' and 'breast cancer experience'). 

If you're not sure what to do, you might like to read this post on how to change your privacy settings

Have fun!

Di

(if you want to go back and browse the old 'get connected posts' to find out a bit more about our members, just click on the 'get connected' tag).

Comments

• debbie63
    debbie63 Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2015
    Options

Di,

I can't believe it has only been going for a year. Thank goodness for me that I found this, it has been great. Also thanks for the tip regarding privacy settings, I have just edited all mine hadn't realised they were set to private.

Keep up the good work,

Deb

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Deb! I'm glad you're here, too, and that you're finding the site useful. We're still making improvements as we go, so do let me know if you come across anything that's confusing. :)

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Shirl! :)  Thank you for your input and for helping to make this a welcoming place. It's good to see the site progress and grow, and especially to see so many new members join.