I want to change my lifestyle

Options
Arleene
Arleene Member Posts: 238
edited July 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi Ladies,

I'm now 1 week post surgery and I get my results from my surgery next week, I'm feeling great and I'm sort of starting to come to terms with my new body but I suppose it takes time. I now want to eat healthier can you give me any Gluten Free suggestions as I know I have to build up my energy for whatever lies ahead for me.

Thanks Anita.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Anita, I've found that having a bit of protein with each meal helps with energy and maintaining stable blood sugar levels. Particularly when I'm recovering from chemo, I find that a boiled egg takes my nausea away (very strange, I know, but it works) funny thing that our body responds to these things. Hope that this is of some help for you. Warm wishes, Tracey B ??

• Jenmegs
    Jenmegs Member Posts: 104
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Anita, do you like sweet, savoury, crunchy or smooth?? I like almonds as a standby snack (locally grown if I can get them), say with sultanas (I go for preserve-free).  For afternoon tea, maybe crunchy rice-crackers and whatever you like as a topping...not everyone likes avocado..hmm I think they're in season in July?...So rapt you're through the awful waiting time, you're a champ to be keeping your strength up! X Jenny

• Arleene
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll try eggs I find I like them scrambbled the protein is very important, I don't know if I have to have chemo yet I'll find out all my results from surgery on Thursday morning at 9.20am my surgeon isn't sure if he'll get a chance to meet up with the doctors as they meet up on a Thursday well I guess I'll find out soon enough my Breast Nurse told me yesterday that I should meet up with an Oncologist a week later it feels so real now, keep thinking positive I try and tell myself meeting up with some of my friends tomorrow need Girlie time with my friends haven't seen them in ages, hope to chat again soon.

Kind Regards Anita

• Arleene
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny,

I love all of the above but being gluten free can be a pain in the butt makes things a little harder, I love rice crackers, maybe I should get some of that avocado paste if it isn't artificial or have added preservatives but i usually do homeshop so I'll have to wait until i go into the supermarket but I hope to go to Athletics tomorrow as my husband is a level 2 athletics coach and we run our own community athletics with both parents and kids need some light exercise mainly I'll do some walking only what my body can handle, look after yourself I hope we can chat again soon.

Thanks Anita.

• Jenmegs
    Jenmegs Member Posts: 104
    edited July 2015
    Options

hi Anita, the community athletics sounds great! Avocados: I like them plain: salad in summer, on crackers in winter, yum! Don't know why I haven't bought them much this year...they're good right now. Have a great time with friends, hope Thursday goes really well for you. Thank you for good wishes, I'm recently GF too, and am sure interested in nutritious treats. JennyX

• Arleene
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny,

My management team didn't get around to discussing my case last Thursday so I couldn't see my surgeon on Friday, so frustrating as they are having the meeting this Thursday 23rd and then Friday's a public Holiday in Darwin so I have to wait to talk to my surgeon until the 28th July it's so frustrating but I am changing my diet now I've gone organic mostly I must get an Avocado when I go to the shops tomorrow as some of my vegetables came as out of stock so I have to go to the shop and get them, It's not easy sometimes being GF as you don't get a big variety but you manage. Hope to talk soon.

Anitaxx