Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Sad Day

mgndam1603
mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer

Hi There Ladies,

its been a very long time since I have posted, I even stopped visiting the site as I find it difficult to navigate my way around.

When I was going through my treatment I joined a support group through this network, we meet for lunch about once a month and are there supporting each other as best we can. I have loved this group, the women are just awesome and I hope I have given as much as I have been supported.

Last week we lost one of our ladies, to say the group is gutted is an understatement, I find I have trouble even talking about it. Tomorrow we will attend Rita's funeral and continue to show our support as best we can.

Losing one of our own forces us to face our own mortality, it has also helped us forge together even more.

So ladies Thursday say a little pray for one of our own, another angel was given her wings.

Donna

Comments

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited May 2015

Hi Donna, it's so sad when this disease claims another beautiful life. My thoughts will be with you on Thursday. The website is improving but I fear it has done irreparable damage in the meantime. Big hugs to you,

Hazel xx

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited May 2015

Hello Donna,this is so sad. You will support each other through this,as that is what groups are for.Stay on here Donna.The new ladies( and the old!) need support as we had.  Cheers Robyn xox

• Pink66
    Pink66 Dragonfly Posts: 366
    edited May 2015

Hi Donna, I am so very sorry at the loss of your friend.  It is never easy to say goodbye, especially when it is courtesy of such a difficult and trying disease <3<3<3

• mgndam1603
    edited May 2015

Ladies,

thank-you for your kind comments, I write this in tears I am just finding it so difficult. Our group is fantastic, sometimes we laugh, at times we cry and there is always show and tell. I hosted a lunch at my home and was glad my husband was delayed getting home as he would have walked in on the boob flashing.

Along with our regular meetings we have set up a private FB IM group and we chat almost daily. We are close and help each other any way that we can.

Stupidly I never considered this day would come, which surprises me as I have always known its a numbers game.

As for the site its just not very intuitive and I can't seem to find things, I gave up in frustration months ago but yesterday thought I would give it another try. You are right Robyn there are many that need support and I certainly relied on this site heavily during my treatment days. I will keep at it.

thank-you again ladies and may you all stay well and happy.

Donna

• nicole h
    nicole h Member Posts: 120
    edited May 2015

Hi Donna,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Wow that would really bring it home. Tears for you and your friend Rita and big hugs. Hope tomorrow is bearable.

I am like you so frustrated with this site.  It abandoned me in my hour of need and I had no other form of support.  Shame on bcna for doing this to us let alone never making amends or putting us in touch with each other or reaching out to us to help us through.  Very disappointed and bitter.

Nicole

• benq
    benq Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015

Hi Donna. Very sorry for your loss - it is always such a hard thing to face, particularly among such a close group. Tomorrow will undoubtedly be very hard on all the members of your group - take care, look out for each other where you can, and ask for help if you need it.

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited May 2015

Hi Donna, so sorry to hear about your friend. We lost a lovely lady in our group in March. It was so unexpected and that made it even harder.We keep a framed photo of her at our group and we plan to dedicate the money we raise during Pink bun to BCNA in her name. It helps us a little but we are all still shocked and sad.It forces us to look at our own mortality when we'd rather not.As hard as tomorrow will be, it gives you a chance to grieve, celebrate and get closure.Will be thinking of you hun.Tonya xx

• Pink66
    Pink66 Dragonfly Posts: 366
    edited May 2015

Hello again ladies,  Reading your posts, I can see that some of you are members of a group and have lost 2 women quite close together and rather suddenly. I would like to extend my thoughts and hugs to you all and know all too well what it is like to suddenly lose friends who have been living with SBC.   It shows us a side of life that we sometimes wish we did not have to think about too often.  Living with SBC myself I understand all too well..

hugs from a Mornington Peninsula Turtle xoxoxoxo
    Sharon (Pink66)

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    edited May 2015

Hi Donna, thinking of you and the other ladies in your support group on this very sad and difficult day. Hugs, Jane xx

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,323
    edited May 2015

Hi Donna,

So very sorry for your loss. I belong to a group of ladies who I met during the encore program. We lost one of our group just over a year ago. It really rocked us all. It also bought us together as a group and we always remember our dear friend at our get togethers. You will draw strength from each other. 

Hugs to you all. 

Paula xxxx

• mgndam1603
    edited May 2015

HI Sharon,

I note that you are quite close to me I live close to your area. Our group is Bayside and eastern Suburbs,.

I am so sorry about your SBC and wish you well for the future.

Sending hugs

Donna