Feeling reflective

Options
Chorsell
Chorsell Member Posts: 464
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

I have not posted for a while, life seems to be so busy lately even tho I have had a break from surgery and not many appts to speak of... My spare time seems to have evaporated.

On my return to the site, I have to say I am surprised at some of the comments that have been made, whilst I do understand to a point the frustration of those who are struggling I feel a bit confronted.

This site for me was all about supportive women who understood the challenges I was facing, even if they were not on exactly the same path.

Those fundamental basics were also elements I applied to other areas of my life, and I promoted this network to other women I met on the BC journey.

When any technology changes the fundamental principle is to make improvements, and would have been the goal. It is unfortunate that we are still having issues however I strongly believe that it will get better. Websites are particularly complex, just in my house alone there are 11 different devices all with different software and operating systems which means different issues for each one. Multiply that by all our different members and troubleshooting and problem solving becomes more complex.

When dealing with any issue we face sometimes it is easy to complain, blame and be negative. However, in this situation, there are people working hard to try and make it better, how would they feel reading some of these comments?

Equally what image are we presenting to new members who read some of these posts?

Responding to difficulties in a positive and constructive manner is far more pleasant perhaps we could start a thread called "how do I?" That we could all use to help navigate in a new environment whilst the other issues are being fixed?

Lets all take a deep breath and try a constructive approach and come up with some simple tips and tricks to keep us going and let the team at BCNA focus on the work they need to do.

Hugs to all

Chris xx

Tagged:

Comments

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited April 2015
    Options

Well said Chris. I know at times it is easy to get frustrated. I have probably been one of those people over the last few weeks. However I am persevering as I really believe in this great site and gained so much from it over the past couple of years. 

I like the idea if your "how do I thread". We might be able to help some new(and not so new members) with it. 

Paula x

• LouiseTurner
    LouiseTurner Member Posts: 1,610
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi girls,

A how to post is a great idea. I know I have a few tricks I have found helpful. Shall we start here or will you start a new one?

L:)

• Chorsell
    Chorsell Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2015
    Options

Let's start a new one - we can add links to the other info on the site and the tip sheet and then grow from there

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hello Chris:) I hear what you are saying,but as much as I agree with you in theory,it has been a few weeks now,and there are many things that just haven't been addressed .You would know that I have been on this blog every day for a LONG time now,attempting to support new ladies and old ones too.Myself,and many others,over the last few weeks,have tried VERY hard to be positive,and encouraged others to do likewise.Where some ladies have stayed away,I( and some others) have been here every day,and I feel that I have tried hard to get used to the changes.However,I feel that if we don't voice our opinion,this network will never get back to where it was.If we remain complacent,things won't change.I know that Daina and Jess are working hard,but it is a lot more than that and no one is blaming them.How can they know the issues that obviously most ladies are facing if we don't speak up? It was nice to hear from you.Cheers Robyn xox

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi Chris,

I clicked on one of your links and it came up 'oops! you have clicked on an old link, try again'. It's hard to stay positive when you are going around in circles. It's not so much about being negative but Robyn is correct in saying that the BCNA need to hear our opinions, lots of damage has been done to the network. It was a real lifeline for me when going through treatment and I worry that there are women out there who are not getting that support now. Thanks for trying,

Hazel xx