Keep the lippy on !

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
edited April 2015 in Health and wellbeing

had my first chemo 2 days ago. Waves of nausea and needing some Nanna naps, but otherwise ok. I made a vow at the beginning of this experience to keep the lippy on and keep smiling. So far so good 

Comments

• LorraineB
    LorraineB Member Posts: 85
    edited April 2015
    Options

I was very good with the lippy to begin with, 6 chemos later I have slacked off.  I am still smiling though. I need to make more of an effort with a bit of make up. All the best for the remainder of you chemos. How many are you having?

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yep it is surprising how a little bit of lippy and a smile helps.
    This time last year I was getting ready for my first chemo, how time flies.
    I must admit I didn't think it would ever end , and here Iam 3 more herceptins to go cant wait. Take care of yourself
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thanks Rowdy, it's nice to receive messages from others. Hope that you are ok 

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2015
    Options
    5 to go, just doing the count down as it goes. Nice to hear that you're still smiling ??
  • Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Tracey, had my first chemo on 30/3 so like had waves of nausea which seem to have passed now, tiredness as well but just taking it easy doing bits and pieces then resting again hope the ha go well for you I also have another 3 sessions every three weeks then one session a week for 12 weeks chin up things will get better this is a means to an end take care xx