An answer at last

Options
Glynnis
Glynnis Member Posts: 353
edited March 2015 in Health and wellbeing

good evening ladies, thought I would update my blog. I had a spine bone/marrow biopsie and xrays on hips, pelvis and spine on Monday, I was under the impression that I had extensive bone disease and changes in my spine marrow which they thought was breast cancer. Results are in, I don't have extensive bone disease but some thing called "osteopoikilosis" I can't pronounce it the easy wording is "spotty bones" which apparently has been there since I was born as its genetic, what a relief it was to find out it's not bone cancer. The spine biopsie also came back clear no cancer, another huge relief that result was, I see the oncologist next Tuesday for the plan of action now to sort the positive lymph nodes under my arm, not sure if they will be removed are dealt with with chemo and radiation. I am so very very relief to finally have a definitive diagnosis and am now looking to the future with renewed vigour and excitement my nightmare is finally coming to an end. I hope this finds everyone in high positive spirits dealing with what might come and handling to the best of there ability there is hope. Glynnis

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great news

• Glynnis
    edited March 2015
    Options

yes Rowdy it is great news

• Chixon
    Chixon Member Posts: 153
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a relief for you!!!!! You must have been through such a gruelling time. All best wishes with your treatment going forward. Chris.xx

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's such a breath of relief isn't it,amazing how we always prepare ourselves for the worst once you've had your first diagnosis. Wishing you well in your next step. Adean x

• Glynnis
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thankyou Chris and Andean it is such a relief to finally get some good news, off to see oncologist tomorrow find out when chemo starts, wishing you both the best x

• Glynnis
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanku adean
  • Glynnis
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi ladies, just adding to my blog, saw oncologist today, chemo to start we hoping on Friday, let's get this show on the road so I can start my life and my future again. Hope all is well with you all.  Glynnis