Travel Insurance update

Options
Josie13
Josie13 Member Posts: 79
edited April 2011 in Day to day

I thought I would share this experience. I phoned the company we have previously used for travel and underwent a health assessment over the phone which asked about treatments and current medications.I was told I was too much of a risk and they won't insure me.....that didn't make me feel that good! So I kept searching and have found a company which will insure without the medical assessment but only will cover for things not related to bc which is fine (lost luggage etc). So will go with them. I rang the other company today as I thought about the fact all that very personal information is on their database and who knows how it could be used. They assured me it would be removed and I requested an email to confirm this (hasn't arrived as yet).The woman on the phone insisted my information was secure.....secure for what use? I noticed some insurers asked if you had been assessed by anyone else so you definately need to read the fine print on these policies as if they find out you had been assessed and denied it they would not pay out. So the best bet is to find a company which insures you except for the bc and related illness whilst on holidays. The UK has recipricol health care with Australia but other countries don't so it is important to check this.

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I actually rang my health fund today - MBF.  They said that it would be easy and that there would be an appropriate insurance for me.  They were very helpful and suggested that I apply a couple of months prior to my trip.  Even suggested for me to get on line and check out the info for myself to ensure that I get the right cover.  So it is looking good for me.  Mind you I did tell that I would be travelling after my treatment is finished and that I should be cured except for ongoing routine checks.  I will only be away for 2 weeks and would only be looking for other care not for pre-existing bc care. XLeonie