Happy Easter - good news!!!

Options
Samantha Cunnington
Samantha Cunnington Member Posts: 235
edited April 2011 in Day to day

well, some of u know that i had felt a lump in the side of my a neck a couple of weeks ago and saw the oncologist within a couple of days. She said at the time that it looks like we have to have some more chemo (nothing like having secondary cancer to keep u on ur toes!!!)..

i had a scan the following week and saw my doc today for the results....already prepared for starting chemo again next thurs i had a few questions for her...BUT she had the FAB news that altho this scan confirmed the lump was suspect and there were a couple of microscopic spots on the other side that was all there was..no other signs of increase in any other area (originally i had spots in my lungs liver and neck nodes)..so NO chemo at this stage..it's just not worth going thru the crud of chemo for..we are going to wait and see what happens with these spots & if they increase in size or number over the next 6-8 weeks then we may do chemo, if not, then all can stay as is and just continue with my herceptin as usual...

yay for me :)

Happy easter everyone..i know i'm going to REALLY enjoy mine now

Sam  xxxx

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good news Sam,you deserve a break.Now you can really enjoy Easter.

Tonya xx

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Fab news, Sam!  Have a happy easter -- I have a family do tomorrow, so I'll happily raise a glass for you in celebration!  :)

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

That's fantastic news couldn't come at a better time. Enjoy Easter and all the chocolate..........

Sarah

• annie2
    annie2 Member Posts: 164
    edited March 2015
    Options

happy easter, to you Sam, great news i hope it stays all clear for you..annie xx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Sam, what a way to start your Easter break - with a smile on your face!!!!

Arrangements under way here for the Tractor Trek in July and a golf day in October so you'll have to come "up the road" for a visit.

Have a lovely Easter

Cheers .... Shirl xx

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

WOW i am going to keep every thing crossed lady , but all sounding good , i am wrapped for you , stay well xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fran 

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

WOW i am going to keep every thing crossed lady , but all sounding good , i am wrapped for you , stay well xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fran 

• KymB
    KymB Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam

That is GREAT news! So pleased to read that.  That's a great Easter present for you all.  Kym xxx

• KymB
    KymB Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam

That is GREAT news! So pleased to read that.  That's a great Easter present for you all.  Kym xxx

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam

So pleased it was a good result - no chemo is fantastic!

Hope you got to enjoy Easter.

Amanda xx

• Kath Perrin
    Kath Perrin Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam, that's fantastic news. Hope you had a great Easter and toasted a couple of nice wines!   I recently had a bit of a scare with elevated tumour markers which turned out to be as a result of having Shingles when my initial bloods were done.  I've been retested since and levels are back to normal. Kath x