Long time no post

Options
Karen T
Karen T Member Posts: 95
edited January 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi,  So I havent checked in here for a fair while. I made it through radio with hardly any side effects. I was using Moo Goo a minium 4 times a day and drinking large amounts of water.

It has been almost 3 months since I finished radio and active treatment.  I am taking tamoxifen and feeling pretty darn crapy.  I have felt more emotional in the last few months than I have ever felt in my life. I decided I needed a break from cancer so stopped logging in here. It didnt really help as every man and his dog are asking me daily "how do you feel?" "how is your health" "what is your prognosis"........ to be honest it is doing my head in! I would love just one day where I dont have to have a conversation (or five) about cancer!

This website has been so wonderful, supportive and informative but with my current mindset I am having a hard time reading it. I am normally a very positive person and doing my best to tread water while I feel this low but it is bloomin hard. 

I have worked full time through all this and think I have simply burnt myself out.  Tip to other ladies out there. Even though you may be able to work though this mess - take time for yourself.

Once treatment is done you have a chance to process it all and time is definatly needed!

Comments

• Rosanna
    Rosanna Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Karen

How are U?  Your's so similar to me, I completed Radio early SEP.   I was also with limited side effect from the Radio, thanks God.  And I started Tamoxifen 30SEP.  The tiny little tablet really caused me down and unstable in mood.  I still have another 2 more Herceptin to go.

My hair length just like you (yours thicker).  I feel what you felt.  People who knows me from suffering kept asking the same question almost everyday.  And I want to get rid of that.  This means to me as "normal" without helloing this topic.

I am trying to change the brand of the tablet to see if the side effect could be minimize.  May I know which brand you are taking?

I was with GENRX, and did try NOLVADEX-D.    I also received bone-ache around my pelvis area.  I've just have my regular appointment to the Onco.  He said bone-ache caused by Herceptin & the tablets is "normal" side effect, well though it's not very serious, just feel pain there, and panadol could work (I won't take it)

The mood was unstable but I feel myself slow down a bit.  I feel a bit lost in mind, I was not as quick as like before.  But I am ok to this.  I am pleased that I've just completed an online Dip course from TAFE during the cancer period.  I received their confirmation yesterday.

I made myself "enjoy" the period instead.  Karen hope you are good and keep happy.

Take care.

Rosanna

• Rosanna
    Rosanna Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Karen

How are U?  Your's so similar to me, I completed Radio early SEP.   I was also with limited side effect from the Radio, thanks God.  And I started Tamoxifen 30SEP.  The tiny little tablet really caused me down and unstable in mood.  I still have another 2 more Herceptin to go.

My hair length just like you (yours thicker).  I feel what you felt.  People who knows me from suffering kept asking the same question almost everyday.  And I want to get rid of that.  This means to me as "normal" without helloing this topic.

I am trying to change the brand of the tablet to see if the side effect could be minimize.  May I know which brand you are taking?

I was with GENRX, and did try NOLVADEX-D.    I also received bone-ache around my pelvis area.  I've just have my regular appointment to the Onco.  He said bone-ache caused by Herceptin & the tablets is "normal" side effect, well though it's not very serious, just feel pain there, and panadol could work (I won't take it)

The mood was unstable but I feel myself slow down a bit.  I feel a bit lost in mind, I was not as quick as like before.  But I am ok to this.  I am pleased that I've just completed an online Dip course from TAFE during the cancer period.  I received their confirmation yesterday.

I made myself "enjoy" the period instead.  Karen hope you are good and keep happy.

Take care.

Rosanna

• Tink
    Tink Member Posts: 60
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Karen - thanks for posting your thoughts.  I finished chemo on December 23 and am now on Femara.  I have been feeling absolutely awful and very emotional.  Now I know it's not just me.  Everything seems to be getting to me, especially people on the train in the way to work who stare at me because I'm wearing scarves.  I know they don't mean to stare, but sometimes I just get so sick of being the 'cancer victim'.  It only hit me the other day that my life will never be the same.  The diagnosis in August and mastectomy followed by chemo was all such a rushed process that I didnt' really take it in, and it's only now I'm sort of processing it.  I'm finding things quite hard at the moment so just concentrate on going to my temp job each day and coming home to my wonderful little dogs.  At least they don't ask cancer related questions!!!!  I guess that I'll be feeling this way for quite some time to come....

Thanks

Tinkxx

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Karen
    I finished radio on 19th December and got off fairly lightly on the side effects too. Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky when it came to chemo and I am now on 3 weekly herceptin. You do get sick to death of talking about it. You do get sick of people staring at you, apart from wearing a wig at work, I went around bald. Now I look like a baby chimp with dark, soft 1cm length hair that sticks straight up in the air. I worked part time through chemo and radio and have just started working full time again. It's hard. You definitely do need to take time for yourself. I go through states when I read all the posts and then won't log in for a week because I can't face it. Speak to your doctor about how you are feeling. And be kind to yourself. I think it's all perfectly natural the way we all feel. We have all been very ill and have gone through a lot in a fairly short space of time. Hang in there. Love Karen xox