Thank You

Options
nicole hunt
nicole hunt Member Posts: 3
edited April 2011 in Day to day

Hi and thanks to those who responded to my blog it is nice to hear other people's stories!! Feels comforting to know that you are not alone especially in the way you are feeling!!

This is all new to me, as I was only diagnosed just over 2 weeks ago. I am going for a sentinal node biopsy on Thursday! and I am feeling very anxious!!

Thanks again

Nicole

Comments

• Samantha Cunnington
    Samantha Cunnington Member Posts: 235
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi nicole..i had a snb b4 my surgery also and although i had to wait longer for my mastectomy  (another week) it meant they o nly took 4 nodes...not a complete clearance and this means u will have far less complications in regard to lymphodeama later on. I have very little issue with my arm at all..i never experience tightness or tenderness now (altho i did have regular lymphatic massage for about 15 mths post surgery) I have full range of motion and strength has also returned...

so as scary as it might be and i understand ur anxiety (especially as this is all so new to you AND u have all the other emotions running around ur head)

It will be of great benefit to have this done..just another step on the road to recovery...

Good luck and report back when u feel up to it

Sam  xxx

• Samantha Cunnington
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi nicole..i had a snb b4 my surgery also and although i had to wait longer for my mastectomy  (another week) it meant they o nly took 4 nodes...not a complete clearance and this means u will have far less complications in regard to lymphodeama later on. I have very little issue with my arm at all..i never experience tightness or tenderness now (altho i did have regular lymphatic massage for about 15 mths post surgery) I have full range of motion and strength has also returned...

so as scary as it might be and i understand ur anxiety (especially as this is all so new to you AND u have all the other emotions running around ur head)

It will be of great benefit to have this done..just another step on the road to recovery...

Sam  xxx

• Samantha Cunnington
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sam  xxx