My Story

Options
Kaz21l
Kaz21l Member Posts: 8
edited January 2015 in General discussion
Hey Ladies
I had an eptopic pregnancy in Aug12 that ruptured and I lost 1 Fallopian tube.. My fiancée I were try to conceive when I was diagnosed with BC in April13.
My BC was ER/PR- n Her2+ but the they found another small tumor in my other Breast which was ER/PR+
My Onc said delaying Chemo a month or 2 would chance anything but as I wasn't comfortable leaving lump in my body I had lumpectomy for the larger tumor so that I had time to do IVF.
I did ivf thru IVF Australia in May13 n got 26eggs, of which 17 fertilized and have 5 frozen embryos.
I had chemo and then double reconstruction in Jan14.
I finished Herception in Aug14 and stopped tamoxifen in Sep and started trying to conceive naturally in Nov14
I have this week seen IVF to use embryo in this months cycle as want to get back on tamoxifen ASAP.
Had blood test this morning and will find out when we will implant using my natural cycle.
For anyone wondering costs. For egg retrieval etc I inly had to pay for Docs appt n a couple of drug (approx $200-300) they put rest thru medical n my private health HCF.
Storage is $225 for 6mths.
And I have just been quoted $2920 for implantation but get approx $1400 back from Medicare so expect out of pocket -$1500.
All the best for everyone going thru this....