melt down

Options
rowdy
rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
edited January 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi all have just come home from work as I had a bit of a meltdown. In my job I visit people at home and give care , this morning I needed to call a ambulance for her. I thought I was ok the ambulance arrived and I started to tear up. I pulled myself together and left but then I started to cry.

I called my office and said I needed to go home. I feel like a dick, the client was fine just couldn't control the tears.

Going to chill for today and try not to be so hard on myself, hope everyone else is having a better day

Comments

• shat
    shat Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2015
    Options

Man, it takes so much energy somedays to keep on top of things and not break down. You deserve a medal on these days and just accept the others for what they are bound to be. Working on top of everything else must zap ur energy?

wishing u a peaceful recuperation day.

Tanya

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just let it out !  There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when or why these melt-downs occur so go with the flow.  It is great that you have an understanding employer and you could have the rest of the day off.

Hey, didn't you get new boobs for Christmas ?  There, a great start to the new year for you - something to be happy about.

If you feel the role of carer is a bit too stressful at the moment perhaps you could transfer to something else for a period of time ?  After all, caring for others is stressful at the best of times.

Take care and rest a bit.  Go out for a meal or do something else to bring some peace.

Summer  :-)

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks ladies it is hard to explain to others how I feel, just being able to vent on this site helps.

Yes I did get new boobs for christmas, all my surgery finished, strange to have perky boobs at my age. All I need  now is to finish my herceptin and have a mamagram ( stressing already)

Thanks for the hugxx