New diagnosis

Options
2»

Comments

• Blanche
    Blanche Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ladies it is such a relief to see the posts of others walking the same path. I am newly diagnosed and go for a sentinal node biopsy and partial next Thursday.

To say I am terrified would be an understatement, the first bit sounds daunting and havent found anyoney who has had the procedure as it really sounds pretty grim. 

If anyone out there has had this procedure I would love to hear from them. The partial is another matter, worried about how it will effect my left arm as I am left handed.

• shaz101
    shaz101 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Blanche,
    I'm left handed and had a partial mastectomy and Sentinel node biopsy 2 weeks ago tomorrow (left side). I've had the normal soreness and restriction that I would expect but my range of movement is getting much better each day!
    I feel like I would get full use of Mt arm again soon. Unfortunately my node was not clear and I'm having more surgery tomorrow.
    You can do this! I'll be thinking of you.
    Sharon.
  • Blanche
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sharon thank you for your reply, it was most helpful. So sorry to hear that you have to have further surgery hope this time it is all gone. 

You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow do keep me posted

Blanche

• Blanche
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sharon thank you for your reply, it was most helpful. So sorry to hear that you have to have further surgery hope this time it is all gone. 

You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow do keep me posted

Blanche

• Blanche
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ciaobella thanks for your reply, I have to agree there about turning ones life upside down. Like you I had no symptoms and become totally shell shocked to say the least. There is a lot of info out there and the support has been truly amazing. 

I have googled a lot but like you have decided that too much info might not be helpful at this stage. Will wait till I get the pathology report after surgery. 

I cannot believe that I am becoming so knowledgeable re BC how life can change in an instant.

Love the bit about your hair good for you. All the best and look forward to telling you all about it and hearing how you are doing.

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was given a plaque by someone very dear to me that I would like to share with you all.

Courage is not the absence of fear or despair but the strength to conquer them!

Good luck to you all on your respective surgeries and chemo's. You will be in my thoughts.

Karen xox