down day

Options
Jenny Gaskell
Jenny Gaskell Member Posts: 10
edited December 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Well from day 1 ive had a great outlook on things, got through nearly everything on my own. Last week more even more good news, i start radiation on the 7th and it will be over on the 29th. BUT today i just fell apart. All i wanted to do was sit in a corner and cry, 4 hours later and im still struggling. I feel ive let my daughter down and it christmas. I love this time of year, but i have no chrissy cheer. I dont want to go out, or really do much. Hubby came home from being away ( hes been home 1 night in 2 weeks) and he couldnt believe what he walked into. Me falling apart. And he said, about time. I guess im not as strong as i thought i was. It is my first really bad day, and now hes asleep, tired from driving all night, and i still have to deal with the world...just wish it forget me, just for today...but it wont and my girl needs me..   Jens just happy today..

Jen

Comments

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry you are having a bad day. It is so normal. I was like you, coped fine with everything, but I fell apart at the end of treatment. I think it does you good to have a good cry and get it all out. It is a particularly hard time of year as well. All that Christmas cheer to deal with. It's great you have your hubby home to help you through this. You will get there. Hopefully the distraction of the next week will help. I found some councelling via phone with a cancer council psychologist very helpful. So keep them in mind if things don't improve. I wish you a happy and healthy 2015.
    Hugs
    Paula xx
  • Natasha
    Natasha Member Posts: 85
    edited March 2015
    Options

I can't believe you got through all that on your own.  That's really hard.  Maybe you were hanging on a bit too tightly and it was just time.

A virtual hug to you.