Merry Christmas

Options
mgndam1603
mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
edited December 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Merry Christmas to all my Pink Sisters,

I'm starting annual leave tomorrow and am likely to be a little busy with the lead up to Christmas, I just wanted to take some time to refelct on the past couple of years that I have shared with this lovely group.

Yesterday marked the 2nd anniversary of my initial breast surgery and I so remember how scary a time it all was. My family and I seemed to live on a knife edge for a while there, and no matter what the doctors said I think we all had a niggling fear that breast cancer would be the end of me.

It was a tough gig, there is no denying that, and it wasn't just for me but for my whole family. They were with me every step of the way and I so appreciate that.

Both my parents have passed away and I live in a different state to were I was born, but my fathers brother, who tells me he is the closest thing I have to a father and my mothers youngest sister both constantly called me and sent me beautiful cards with lovely verses, little things but things that pull you through.

Anyway, here I am 2 years later and I am happy and healthy and enjoying my life very much. For the ladies that are stuggling, I too struggled, I had 7 months off work, I had renal cancer to deal with as well as breast cancer but I am back! I work full time, I lead a very normal life and you will once again too.

With all my heart I wish each and everyone of you a happy and healthy life.

Merry Christmas

Donna

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great news good to read something so positive, when you are living bc you forget what normal is. Have a great holiday and a good christmas, take carexx

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great news good to read something so positive, when you are living bc you forget what normal is. Have a great holiday and a good christmas, take carexx

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

thank-you for the good wishes, believe me I still have some days that aren't the best, but I feel that is nromal in life. I had to learn that I have a new normal a new me.

I am a cup half full person, I am not someone that will easily be knocked down so for me it was probably just my get on with it attitude that pulled me through.

I really want all you ladies to see that it does get better.

Donna

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great to see you so happy and well, hope you have a wonderful festive season, 

Hazel xx