Time to Go

Options
fionaf
fionaf Member Posts: 74
edited December 2014 in Health and wellbeing
I have decided that I won't be contributing to these wonderful blogs on BCNA anymore - it has been really helpful over the past 18 months and I will always value the advice, enjoyed the good news, was sad at the not so good news and know that life can change in an instant but also feel very fortunate we live in a country where great medical care and research is ongoing.

I wish all the women on this site the best of health ongoing and for the women with secondary cancer I can only hope if I ever should go down that path that I can be as strong, resilient and inspiring as you.

I am feeling extremely well, have more energy than ever and have honestly found this past 20 months a truly enriching experience and cannot think of anything negative in regards to my 'speed hump' in life as I call it.

So enough from me and have a wonderful Xmas and hope 2015 brings happiness and good health to all.

Fiona xx

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I agree with you on so many levels.I feel extremely well too...better than I ever have,and at my 12 month surgeons checkup today,he commented to me that I look ' absolutely wonderful' !!!! I couldn't feel any better even if I wanted to! I also ,have found the last 12 months an enriching experience.It is up to us how we get through an experience like this,and what we take from it once it is all over.All the best to you Fiona,and perhaps soon I will also be in that place where I will leave this network behind,but I'm not there yet. Look after yourself.Cheers xoxRobyn
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I agree with you on so many levels.I feel extremely well too...better than I ever have,and at my 12 month surgeons checkup today,he commented to me that I look ' absolutely wonderful' !!!! I couldn't feel any better even if I wanted to! I also ,have found the last 12 months an enriching experience.It is up to us how we get through an experience like this,and what we take from it once it is all over.All the best to you Fiona,and perhaps soon I will also be in that place where I will leave this network behind,but I'm not there yet. Look after yourself.Cheers xoxRobyn
  • fionaf
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Robyn- all the best to you and know that your advice is invaluable to many. I have taken on a breast cancer peer support volunteer  role with the hospital and cottage where I had all my treatment and find that this immensely fulfilling. These photos show what a difference a year makes, taken exactly a year apart November 2013 and 2014.

• Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are looking great! My hair is almost exactly the same style,but it's white and grey!!!! Cheers x
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So good to hear and see how well you are. I too am at the 18 month mark since diagnosis and feel pretty good. While I wish that I had never had BC I also feel that it can have a positive effect on your life, if you think about it a certain way. I agree with Robyn that it is up to us about how we deal with this experience and what we get out of it. The most important thing I have learnt is to let others help you. Life is so much better if you feel part of a team working towards a common goal! Helping each other on this network is one way of making the world of BC a bit easier for us all. You have found a way to help within your community, that must feel good too! Giving back is another positive that can come out of this. Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy 2015 and beyond! Deanne xxx
  • fionaf
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you Deanne- you too have been an invaluable source of kindness and good advice - stay well xx
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Fiona Iam new to the network wishing you a merry christmas and a healthy new year take care

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Here's to a bright healthy future ahead!

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Here's to a bright healthy future ahead!

• fionaf
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you - have a great Xmas and all the best with your ongoing health
  • fionaf
    edited March 2015
    Options
    And same to you Mandy
  • Sarah54
    Sarah54 Member Posts: 164
    edited March 2015
    Options

Some of us are not so lucky but we/I wish you well and you do look fanastic.

Merry Christmas and a bloody good new year.

• fionaf
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you Sarah- I wish you ongoing strength with your continuing treatment, please know that even though I am well and can't even imagine how you feel, I have great friends I adore who have advanced breast cancer and I see them struggle some days better, some days worse than others but they continue on with superb dignity and a wonderful sense of humour.