Checking in

Options
All smiles
All smiles Member Posts: 59
edited December 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I haven't written anything for a while although I still read the blogs most days.

I was diagnosed in July 2013 .Mastectomy , 6 months of chemo, radiotherapy and am now on Tamoxifen.

Tamoxifen gives me bad bone pains which seem to ease a little with regular exercise but I still feel 80 when I first get out of bed.

I still worry about cancer returning most days although some days are better than others BUT I am getting on with life. I've returned to my job Directing a childcare centre, my hair is at a length where I no longer look like a cancer patient ( although I still hate it ) and my energy levels are getting better each day. I've had a few scans due to various pains but so far it's seems it's "just tamoxifen"

This time last year I felt so sick, was still in the midst of chemo and couldn't see it would ever end . Now I'm preparing to go to Hawaii with my beautiful daughter.

I know life will never be the same again but I'm trying my best to make the most of everyday.

I still have a long way to go but I finally feel like I'm moving in the right direction.

Merry Christmas to all and may all your Christmas wishes come true
Sophie xx

Comments

• All smiles
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Deanne,

So pleased to hear you are doing so well.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas too xxx
  • All smiles
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Deanne,

So pleased to hear you are doing so well.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas too xxx