Options
2»

Comments

• Janet A
    Janet A Member Posts: 281
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Finita,

I think I lost some time somewhere! Where to begin! Just completed my 3rd treatment, this last one was confusing because of my temperature rising and falling so much in the early days, so different to previous treatments, still  I got through it. last one on 19 Feb.

I have been swimming in the neighbours pool, its been so hot up here. Doing chemo and hot flushes that are sooo hot make it hotter! I have lived in aircon in the middle of the day, it is starting to cool because the wet season has just started, very late!

I have been gardening of late too. I love gardening, tropical gardening is different to what I am used to but I am getting the hang of it. I have been pretty good but these last few days struggling a little bit to stay up, no reason to feel down, but I think one starts thinking of the next step and the future as you are with your up coming tests. I am yet to cross that path and not sure how I will feel either. Anxious no doubt, but can we think, why would this return? What days we have are great hey. I am not sure what a bilateral mammogram is? Will they do a ultrasound everytime including for myself as well?

To be honest, relations with my partner have changed a little. These hot flushes are more like hot waters! I hope they subside, its fairly hard to feel feminine when you're sweating like a council worker working in the midday sun!!

I have found out my ER+ is only at 10% so the hormone therapy may not be effective on me but are recommending I take anyway, I hear they keep the hot flushes coming! The side effects I have heard are not pleasant. I am 55 and feel for the younger women who aren't ready for menopause.

Try not to think about the tests, easy to say. I try to think along the lines of once treatment is over I am going to be fine and when I have my tests I will not think too much about it just go have it done and be happy for the availability of such tests. I still think I got off relatively lightly than some cases and am grateful for that. The tumour I had was slightly aggressive but now resides in a bucket!

Great to hear from you and sorry to be reminisce on not replying sooner!

Lots of hugs to you, Janet xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so glad you contacted me, to tell the truth I have been internalizing too much being in my remote location I spend a lot of time alone. I have been painting again, set up a table under my verandah and doing some landscapes. Time spent in hospital I did some small watercolors and on my last treatment I took my paints with me to pass the time. I just need my mood to lift again! I guess I am conscious of how I look, like a bald eagle sprouting tufts!

• finita
    finita Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Janet,

I truly love your good sense of humour , it really helps . I love the bit about ...its hard to feel femenine when you're sweating like a council worker , working in the midday sun !!    Also ,...looking like a bald eagle sprouting tufts!!  hahahahah!!!   I find that lots people don't know how to handle  good sense of humour , but for those of us with it, we are very fortunate and blessed .   I have been good for the last few weeks...no sweating or hot flushes , but instead my mood swings have increased. Also my left heel is hurting something awful,to the point were I cannot walk ,  but I am not complaining, just saying *   because I know that it is the Arimidex, and soon it will go away, and move on to another part of my body...but while it is hurting, it means that I am alive and loving it !!!

It is wonderful that you are painting , swimming , gardening etc...all good !

Good luck with your last treatment on the 19th and take good care .

with all my love

Finita xxxxxxxxxxxx