Why being in a group is so great

Options
adean
adean Member Posts: 1,036
edited November 2016 in Community news and events
Hi all,

I wanted to share with you all about support groups.

Our support group had its Xmas lunch yesterday at my home. Everyone bought a plate, drinks and we had door prizes, a magnificent painting by Cheryl in our group (that everyone wanted), beautiful candles, and free make up that was donated.

We laughed, ate, drank and had a great afternoon. We even got to see someone's NEW BOOBS yeh!

My 2 daughters 26 and 20 joined us and later on commented to me on what a great group of ladies we were.

I sat and reflected last night that I'm so lucky to have met theses strangers I now call my friends. Who would have given me so much out of life going through the breast cancer times.

I encourage anyone to join a group - what you gain can never be bought or gotten from a shop.

It's non judgmental love and support.

Love to you all ~ Adean
Tagged:

Comments

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

To add to Adeans post, it was an awesome day and we were thankful that she opened her home to us, it was so much more personal than the restaurants we usually attend. We wouldn't have had the new boob flash in a restaurant, we all swapped chairs and laughed loudly it was just wonderful.

Like Adean, I feel if anything good comes from breast cancer it is the love and support from this group, we are women from different walks of life with a common thread, we understand each other, we get it. Being a teenager in the 70's I am a big believer in the sisterhood and this group reinforces that.

By the way I won the lovely painting and it has pride of place in my house.

This is some of us the Bayside South Easter Group (Breast Friends).

• Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you for sharing this post about the wonderful women in this support group. Its so great to see all the ladies of this group connect with eachother, form friendships both online and face to face ~ Loving the pink napkins and table cloth and everyones smiles at the xmas lunch :-)  jess x

• Nashville7
    Nashville7 Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you so much for sharing

• LeisaC
    LeisaC Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ladies,

It's nice to see that you all had a wonderful get together.