is anyone from south western district of victoria

Options
robsue
robsue Member Posts: 50
edited February 2011 in Day to day

hi all just wondering if anyone lives around the south western districts of victoria, would love to chat to them, in our little community we dont seem to have support groups etc, and lm the only 45 year old   that has had breast cancer,

Comments

• Samantha Cunnington
    Samantha Cunnington Member Posts: 235
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi...i live in Timboonand travel to warrnambool weekly...become a contact and we can catch up as well :)

• di-p52
    di-p52 Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Robsue,

where are you in the sth west? 

Di  :)

• di-p52
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Robsue,

where are you in the sth west? 

• robsue
    edited March 2015
    Options

casterton 45 mins from mount gambier sa or 40 min from hamilton

• robsue
    edited March 2015
    Options

just wondering has anyone had  a strange feeling in there finger tips and nails this has been since chemo finished this 22 nd dec 2010 l have 4 nails coming off  but the tips  to the first joint is different   very sensitive touch , they not numb or tinglie but there are is weird to explain sorry hope some can help.

• Samantha Cunnington
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi,,my fingertips remained really 'tender' for ages (and some nails almost completely off - after 8 doses taxotere)..would feel ok till i bumped them, then it would hurt really badly...slowly came back to normal...8 mnths on and i had almost forgotten about this part of treatment (not the nail loss, but the tenderness)..it will improve, but may take a while..

catch up soon..good luck in melb :)

Sam :)

• Samantha Cunnington
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi,,my fingertips remained really 'tender' for ages (and some nails almost completely off - after 8 doses taxotere)..would feel ok till i bumped them, then it would hurt really badly...slowly came back to normal...8 mnths on and i had almost forgotten about this part of treatment (not the nail loss, but the tenderness)..it will improve, but may take a while..

catch up soon..good luck in melb :)

Sam :)

• di-p52
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi,

you are further out than me.  I live in a TINY little town near Lake Bolac.  Not much support out this way either, unless I want to travel (which I do enough travelling to get to onco, treatment, etc).

as far as the fingers go - I didnt lose any nails, but my nail beds were sore to touch, I especially felt it when I had my hands in hot water.  Not sure how long this lasted, but I have no probs with them now.

Take care