Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Reconstruction with secondary cancer

Options
Tracey A
Tracey A Member Posts: 9
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer
I am on the list for breast reconstruction and just before Christmas I was diagnosed with Liver tumours. I am booked in for core biopsy next week to see if it is still BC and oncologist has put me on zoladex and laprazole. What is wanted to know is has anyone gone ahead with the reconstruction even though breast area is cancer free?

Regards

Tracey

Comments

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015
    Options

Tracey, I am not really in a similar situation, except for the secondary diagnosis. However I just want to emphasise that many of us are living for a long time and living well, so if you want a reconstruction - go for it!

Best wishes.....Pam

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015
    Options

Tracey, I am not really in a similar situation, except for the secondary diagnosis. However I just want to emphasise that many of us are living for a long time and living well, so if you want a reconstruction - go for it!

Best wishes.....Pam

• Tracey A
    Tracey A Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Pam, I am booked in for a reduction on right breast sometime this year and recon next year, just a bit worried that the surgeon won't do it with liver mets, even though I have made my mind up and would like to go ahead with surgery, sick of been uniboob. Just want to know if anyone else has been in the same situation and could advise?

Thanks

Tracey