fed up!

Options
TonyaM
TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
edited November 2010 in General discussion

It's been 4 1/2months since chemo and baldness and am fed up covering my head.OK,yes,my hair is finally coming through abit thicker now.Although it resembles grey fur,I am relieved and grateful.But it's too short to bare in public.The other day I got ready to go to the shops with my husband.I had my black cap on,black tee shirt and jeans.I looked in the mirror and had a melt down -I looked like a biker's chick.I had to change and then touch up the red eyes!I am soooo over dressing this head and then clothing myself to match! Waiting for my hair to grow is like watching paint dry.My husband asked me what I want for xmas and have decided on another order from headcovers.org.I have resigned myself to the fact that it'll be many more months of the same.

Comments

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh Tonya...I really felt for you when I read your post! I have only been without my hair for about a month so far and I'm already fed up with the wigs etc! 

Keep your chin up though....you are passed the worst of it and only better things can come from here! Hopefully soon you will have a wonderful full head of hair and feel on top of the world :)

Have a hug from me,

Louise x

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kay,

Oh that is the pits having to cover the beacon for your daughter's wedding.Well you seem to be about 3mths ahead of me in the hair growing department.Looks like my fringe will take awhile yet.I agree with you that losing my hair was the worst thing-maybe worse than losing a boob.You lose your identity and confidence(Idid).I have a good wig but it doesn't feel like"me"and I can only wear it for a few hours before it itches and cranks up the hot flushes.Am seriously thinking of moving to Alaska!

Tonya

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Moira.

You are probably right about the hair thing.I'm now going "nude"(head)around the house .About a month ago I couldn't do that.Not ready yet to face the world with this stubble -maybe in a month or so.You are so brave to face another operation and to lose your hair yet again.All the best for a speedy recovery.

Tonya

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Cazz,that's good to know.

Tonya

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks,Fiona -don't know how you manage hot flushes etc. in the tropics.I can understand you taking stuff off your head up there.I'm in Sydney so can still manage the head gear on most days.I'm ok around the house but don't feel ready to bare the stubble to the world just yet.I just don't have the confidence or the looks to pull it off!  Now I hope I didn't offend any motorcycle girls out there!-it's just not agood look on me.

Tonya