Benefits of the online network | Looking for members to share their experience

Options
Daina_BCNA
Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
edited October 2010 in Community news and events

We are looking to hear first-hand stories of how the online network is benefiting our members and how you are using it as a support tool. So, for those of you who have had time to familiarise yourselves with the BCNA online network, and have been interacting with others, we would like to hear about your experiences.

For example, we would love to hear about the connections the online network has been facilitating e.g.

• re-connections with members you may have met at forums or through treatment
  • your connections with an online interest group that has been able to provide the support you have not received from a face-to-face group in your area
  • your connections with others who have similar experiences/interests

If you would like to participate, please send me an email (djones@bcna.org.au) or a personal message.

Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you.

Daina

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

To be honest, I'm still not too sure what area I'm in half the time.  I just go "surfing" the site, read various posts then jump in and comment and say "Hi".

As well as "Training" mates (or the rest of those who went to boot camp in Melb last month) I've made contact with a few other ladies I have never met but consider mates.

Keep up the good work ladies

Cheers .... Shirl xx

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi girls,

well this online networking, seems to really be working, we have had a fair amount of ladies on here from just being diagnosed to further down the road, and from all areas of Australia. i have been answering and chatting to them as much as possible, and having a look at the other womens welcomes./comments from the group, what i am noticing is that when several women are chatting to one person, we are all picking up on different aspects of the journey therefore getting an all round response.  Everyone on here has been really friendly, and in my local newpaper interview, i have mentioned this site, so looking forward to a lot more rural women and men joining up.  keep up the good work, i think its great!!!!

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have found this site to be a great support whilst I've been off work sick. Keeps me from being too "lonely".  I also like to be involved and knowing what's happening out there so the site is great for that too.  It is really interesting when a "new comer" enters the site - we are like a swarm of bees and can't wait to welcome them.  I love to see the others comments and know that people are interested in supporting each other.  I still get a bit lost in the site and wonder if I have missed anything!!!!!.  Just have to find ShirlO and then I catch up!!!!!!Keep up the great work girls - you are all champions. XLeonie

• w.a. kaz
    w.a. kaz Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2015
    Options

I too am bluffing my way through at times. i now start deleting posts so i can keep up but when I get a new message in my in-box then click on the blog post  I get a bit confused as to wether someone has answered me or it was my posting,?? now I just scroll down and check out anything I've missed but somehow thats working  for me (I think,lol) make it up as I go works. Maybe you need to bring Shirl, Moira and myself together for a network know how conference, haha, have faith we will get there.

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm with you Kaz, I sort of make it up as I go along ... click on every link and answer anything I haven't seen before.  As I told my family in an e.m tonight my head is spinning with everything happening and I haven't felt more excited about anything since I went to Darwin in May for Helaina's wedding ... and you all saw how excited I was about that!!!

OK lets have a network conference ... where will we go do you think ... back to Melb or somewhere warmer???  The world is our oyster...

Cheers to all

Shirl xx