Robrobbie

Options
Robrobbie
Robrobbie Member Posts: 1
edited November 2011 in General discussion

Maybe I am not using this network properly Contacts seem to have a privacy setting turned on. Whats the point of having a network ifyou are only prepared to share with a certain group that fits some criteria ? I dont get it. 

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Robrobbie -- when you first join the online network all of your profile information is set to private.  The reason for that is that the online network is public, and we didn't want anyone to accidentally reveal personal information or parts of their story they'd prefer to keep private. The idea is that you can choose whatever setting suits you best by clicking on the privacy icon to the right of each field in your profile and changing it to what you prefer. There's a bit more information about that in a 'tips' post, here: http://www.bcna.org.au/network/groups/54/blog/4433.

If you want to read a bit more about the network in general and how it works, you can download a user guide from the Help page, or you can visit the Q&A page or the Getting Started group.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense, please keep asking if you have questions.

~Di

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Robrobbie -- when you first join the online network all of your profile information is set to private.  The reason for that is that the online network is public, and we didn't want anyone to accidentally reveal personal information or parts of their story they'd prefer to keep private. The idea is that you can choose whatever setting suits you best by clicking on the privacy icon to the right of each field in your profile and changing it to what you prefer. There's a bit more information about that in a 'tips' post, here: http://www.bcna.org.au/network/groups/54/blog/4433.

If you want to read a bit more about the network in general and how it works, you can download a user guide from the Help page, or you can visit the Q&A page or the Getting Started group.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense, please keep asking if you have questions.

~Di

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Robrobbie
    No offense to you, but I personally need to know a little about someone before I want to tell them bout my boobs and the likes. Surely, given the scams, predators and people that prey on the vunerable you would understand why even on a network people should still have to right to chose their own privacy settings??

I would like to welcome you and hope that you would find this site as useful as many of us have.

Tanya
  • Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Robrobbie
    No offense to you, but I personally need to know a little about someone before I want to tell them bout my boobs and the likes. Surely, given the scams, predators and people that prey on the vunerable you would understand why even on a network people should still have to right to chose their own privacy settings??

I would like to welcome you and hope that you would find this site as useful as many of us have.

Tanya