Ballarat forum

Options
iserbrown
iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
edited February 2018 in Health and wellbeing
Today I was an attendee at a BCNA Forum held in Ballarat for both Early Breast Cancer and Metastatic Breast Cancer.  

It was an extremely well run forum with opportunity for questions either of the presenters direct or through an open panel discussion towards the end.

I urge all of you to consider a forum when there's one coming to a town near you.  I live an hour away from this one so the discussion on local practitioners was not relevant to me personally however the problems faced and topics covered are relevant regardless of where I live.

To @Marianne_BCNA and @Kirsten_BCNA - well done!  BTW lunch was good as well as

Take care 
Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to say our star aka @SoldierCrab was mentioned for her great work and honesty in speaking out in a recent article, refer the post  http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/18209/lifting-the-doona#latest 

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Maybe I need to look further afield. There hasn't been one anywhere near Canberra in the last 2 & 1/2 years that I've been aware of. I'd really like to get to one of them ☺
  • Polly Rose
    Polly Rose Member Posts: 67
    Options
    I couldn’t agree more Iserbrown. I was also at the forum in Ballarat today and found the sessions informative, relevant and very empowering. Well done to all involve.
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Options
    Hi @lrb_03, it is definitely Canberra's turn this year and we are having a forum there in October so watch this space :)
  • lrb_03
    Options
    Fantastic @Marianne_BCNA. If it's a weekday, I'll need plenty of notice, so I can request an annual leave day, and make sure I have no other appointments. How long before do you usually advertise, and where?
  • Marianne_BCNA
    edited February 2018
    Options
    lrb_03 we're just confirming the last few details for the forum and mini field and can then let you know. We're hoping it will be 17th October.

• lrb_03
    Options
    Great. I'll do whatever I have to in order to be there
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Four hours drive to Canberra, but worth it. I will hope to be there too.
  • lrb_03
    Options
    I'll look forward to meeting you here ☺
  • Southgirl
    Southgirl Member Posts: 80
    Options
    @Marianne_BCNA - do you know if there will be a Metastatic forum this year?
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Options
    Hi  @Jude_M. There might be one in Geelong in July but no more in Ballarat. 
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Hi @Marianne_BCNA, there is such fantastic feedback about every forum, I wonder whether there is anything planned for Brisbane/Gold Coast?  Lots of ladies up here would love the opportunity to attend! Jane