TNBC

Options
Nikkilee
Nikkilee Member Posts: 35
I had a lumpectomy and sentenial nose biopsy a week ago and pathology has come back clear margins and clear lymph node but surgeon has told me I have triple negative BC , am going back to surgeon in 2 days for check up and then sent to a medical oncologist , does anyone have any information on what treatment comes next is it just radiation or rad and chemo . Thanks

Comments

• Nikkilee
    Nikkilee Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Oops node 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    hi @Nikkilee
     it will possibly be chemo then rads .... depends on the pathology staging 
    I was TNBC had double mastectomy and 9mths of chemo due to my allergic reactions to it then 6 wks of rads I am now 5 yrs out and No evidence of disease

Do you have a Breast Care Nurse yet ? 
    Have you got a MY journey Kit? 

here are some links for those things and how to also navigate the online forum... 

The what and how thread.

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/14879/the-what-and-how-thread/p1

Breast Care Nurses

https://www.mcgrathfoundation.com.au/OurMission/OurNurses/FindANurse.aspx 

My Journey Kits and other resources.

https://www.bcna.org.au/resources/

Knitted knockers Australia

www.knittedknockersaustralia.com

• smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Hi Nikkilee I   had chemo first for TNBC then lumpecomy n auxiliary  clearence  and 6 weeks of rads.  I  think chemo  is given  for most  TN  the surgeon and oncologist will know what is likely to give the best results.  Take care
  • Koukla
    Koukla Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi @Nikkilee, I had TNBC grade 3 stage 2a with no lymph node involved.  Single mastectmy was suggested but I opted to have bilateral, then followed by chemo -- 4 cycles of AC plus 12 cycles of Paclitaxel, no radiation is required.

Your Surgeon will propose most suited treatments based on your individual circumstances.
  • duxx1234
    duxx1234 Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi Nikkilee, I too have TNBC Grade 3 Stage 2a and 4/22 lymph nodes affected. I have just started chemo today - 4 cycles of AC plus 12 cycles of Paclitaxel plus 30 sessions of radiation! Hoping all this is going to kick my cancer’s butt!! Good luck with whatever treatment is recommended for you. 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    hi there @Nikkilee I was diagnosed with TNBC in May 2016 aged 43  and like @Koukla I had stage 2a grade 3 (3cm tumor Left boob)  no lymph nodes involved and scans all clear. I had 4 rounds of AC chemo and 4 rounds of paclitaxel two weeks apart over 16 weeks and also like @Koukla decided to have a double mastectomy (Left done first then Right one 6 months later as a private patient in the public system) having the mastectomy meant I didn't have to have radiation as well as radiation would of been a logistical nightmare for me. I did the double as that's what my guts told me to do. No regrets from at all with that just on the very long Qld wait list though for recon.  My best advice is listen to your team, don't google anything about TNBC, it responds really well to chemotherapy, and listen to your gut instinct as well. Best of luck with it all. There are a few of us on here who have had TNBC but also many that have had the same chemo meds who will all be able to give you good advice on any questions you have. Please reach out we are all in the same boat on this forum and all give each other plenty of support too. Biggest hug.  Margie. xx 
  • Scared Mum
    Scared Mum Member Posts: 169
    Options
    My daughter had stage 2 grade 3 TNBC She had 4 cycles of AC 3 weeks apart  12 cycles of Taxol weekly then 33 daily sessions of Radiotherapy. Nat got to choose her chemo regimen sort of,  her Oncol wanted her BRACA results before starting Taxol because if it came back as positive they would have added another drug to her Taxol regimen (sorry I didn't write the name down so I can't remember what it was) Good luck with whatever treatment is recommended for you.  <3
    Cheers Sue 
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Hi @Nikkilee, I too had TNBC last April lumpectomy and nodes, clear then five months of chemo then opted for bilateral mastectomies so didn't have to have rads. I know everything is really overwhelming right now. Try not to look too far ahead - it's daunting. You'll have a clearer idea of what to expect after seeing your onc. Best wishes, Bec xxoo
  • Jen79x
    Jen79x Member Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi @Nikkilee I’m tnbc too and I’m having chemo then radiation then double mastectomy (brac1) so left side as preventative. Stage 2 tumour with no lymph nodes. 
    I’d guess because if the tnbc they will give you chemo and rads. It’s worth going through it if it works !!!