Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Adelaide ladies-cheap scans

Options
hi ladies has anyone used Adelaide MRI?  I have always used dr jones and partners because I thought Branson's was the only alternative.  I have just come across some info that say Adelaide MRI bulk bills that's right no gap.  Anyone know of they are ok ? 

Comments

• Lisa1407
    Lisa1407 Member Posts: 258
    Options
    Hi Hankster, I have noticed that no one has replied to you and although I have no experience of radiology practices in Adelaide, I just wanted to make a general comment. Practices can only bulk bill on MRI machines that have a special licence issued by the Federal Government. There are not many licences issues and most are in the public hospitals. So, the reason Adelaide MRI can bulk-bill is that they have a licence for their machine. Probably Dr Jones and Partners don't have a licence so have to charge full price. The difference between full price and bulk billing shouldn't have anything to do with the quality of the scan and/or issue report. If you can get an MRI bulk billed then go for it!

• Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I too cannot comment on Adelaide, I am sorry, I am in NSW.
    I had to have a brain MRI during chemotherapy as I was getting savage headaches.
    my Oncologist referred me to one scan place that he said would do it bulk billed, but he had to write on the referral that the reason was connected to the chemotherapy.
    The breast  MRI I had done was only done at one PRP location near me. I paid for it.
    The other PRP that did do them, only did them for the high risk women under 40 with family history and they bulk billed them.
    I found the whole MRI thing very confusing.

I would suggest ringing and asking lots of questions, then you will find out the whole story.
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Hi have just read your post, I am in country sa, personally all of my scans are done in Lyell Mac so no charge to me, I have heard of Adelaide MRI but having a feeling they have closed down, have you phoned them to check? if you are a public patient in a public hospital you get these for no charge, I have used both Bensons and Dr.Jones and partners and the gap is pretty big unless you have a concession card, which I am fortunate to have, this helps so much, if I need scans I have to go to
    Lyell Mac as here in Wallaroo Dr Jones and partners have limited facilities anyway,
    Wendy55