Acupuncutre

Options
JLC42
JLC42 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2011 in General discussion

Hi Girls

Well I had my first acupunture treatment yesterday and even though I have had this treatment before (for sinus problems) I was still relatively apprehensive.

I met with Dr Kevin Cao at 3pm, we sat and discussed my cancer and all the treatments I had undertaken and the side effects of the tamoxifin...I then had to lay on his bed while he proceeded to put needles into specific pressure points over my body - head, ears, hands, wrist, calf, ankle and feet...I layed there with the needles for what felt like hours - probably a good half hour.

Once the needles were removed Dr Cao said I should start to feel the effects immediately - I was a little sceptical as I did not feel any different from when I walked in there....I made an appointment to see him same time next week and went home.

Last night was the first night I have not had a hot flush during the night in 6 months....and as yet have not had a hot flush all day  - it is now 4pm on Sunday...is this a miracle treatment - I hope so.

Hopefully this continues, only time will tell.

I am now looking forward to my treatment next week.

Talk to you soon

Jane x

Comments

• jojo71
    jojo71 Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2015
    Options

wow - fab news. 

• jojo71
    jojo71 Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2015
    Options

wow - fab news. 

• Julee
    Julee Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello.  Would like to meet you all however I can't make it on 6th Jan.  I have just returned to work, been off sick - I also have Multiple Sclerosis - feeling much better now.   I had surgery in May for breast cancer, partial mastectomy, and then radiotherapy - didn't require chemo.  Was on Arimidex for six weeks but the side effects were awful.  Am now going to go on Tamoxifen.  I am worried about the side effects but hope they won't be as bad as the Armidex.  Hope I can meet up with you soon.   PS I live at Golden Grove. Julee