Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Rash on letrozole

Options
Judy_M
Judy_M Member Posts: 15
good morning everyone. I've developed a rash on my body on day 4 of starting Letrozole. Anyone else had this side effect? I rang my oncologist last night who recommend antihistamine to get me through the night and to see my GP this morning.  

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi @Judy_M, I haven't personally had any experience with this but have read the antihistamine claratin can be effective. Obviously check with Dr but hoping you get some relief soon. Xx Cath
  • Judy_M
    Judy_M Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Well no more Letrozole for me. The rash is a massive drug reaction. It was visibly climbing my neck as I spoke with the doctor!  Have to take cortisone and claratyne till it clears, then starting arimidex. Just as well I didn't get onto the Palbociclib clinical trials, as they all pair Palbociclib with Letrozole. So frustrating to have yet another delay, but we all experience this sort of thing. 
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hoping it's under control quickly for you, and crossing fingers no reaction to the arimidex. Xx