Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

What next

Options
Lisa1407
Lisa1407 Member Posts: 258
I was on Fulvestrant for 12 months before bone mets flared up, so was switched to Letrozole almost 3 months ago. Waiting for my next PET on 19 April to see if the Letrozole is working. I am having a bit of bone pain, so I am not sure that it is. Just wondering what is likely to be my next treatment if the Letrozole doesn't work? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Lisa

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Letrozole side effects can cause pain in small bones of feet /ankles and hands/wrists which improve with exercise and lessons a bit after your body adjusts. So just letting you know that. Have you joined the metstatic breast cancer group? 

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/2-living-with-metastatic-breast-cancer

They may be able to help you there. 

• Lisa1407
    Lisa1407 Member Posts: 258
    Options
    Hi there
    Yes I have - I probably should have posted there! I have had lots of joint and muscle aches which have decreased over time. My mets are in my hip and that is were it hurts most. My surgeon also recommended glucosamine which has helped with the aches. I will post over on the other board.
    Thanks Lisa
  • Vix
    Vix Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi Lisa,
    I was on a Fulvestrant trial for approx. 17months when new cancer appeared and I was terminated from the trial. Oncologist started me on Letrozole but long story short, I am now on Abraxane chemo. Best wishes, Vix xx