For the kiddies

Options
ScorpionQueen
ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
edited September 2016 in Day to day

Hi Everyone....

Well I have had a lot happening....surgeries etc....and now I have finally had my bi lateral mastectomy and am healing as well as can be expected.....So I have started to get back into my art...

I have become involved in a not for profit organisation that goes about preparing "smile boxes" for sick, needy or just because families....Information is given regarding what makes each member of the family nominated and things are donated accordingly to make up a complete smile box. Once gathered together, it is presented to the recipient/family.....I just love that i am able to provide a little sunshine into someones life.

Most of the items I have done are for the children that are sick with either cancer :( or some other illness....but the Alice in wonderland saying was for a Mum, she only has months to live and is the Mum of Hunter who is 4 and I did a name plaque for his new room at Grandmas......Lili is a 2 year old who has spent way to much of her short life in hospital.....

You can see more of my art at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.375244245968585.1073741843.239373832888961&type=1&l=a795145d0d

Tagged:

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited July 2016
    Options

They look lovely and very thoughtful.

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    edited July 2016
    Options

How wonderful to know that your artistic creations can give happiness and comfort. It must be very gratifying to be able to do this. Excellent!! Xx Cath  P.s. Love the ladybirds :-)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited July 2016
    Options

Just wonderful. What a lovely gesture, the kids will love them. Big cuddles, Trace ??????????

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited July 2016
    Options

Beautiful 

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited July 2016
    Options

Just fantastic. Great outlet for you as well. It can be so nice to give to others.  

Paula xxxx