Wanting to meet and make friends with other women going through same as me in Adelaide area

Options
Twilightgirl
Twilightgirl Member Posts: 54
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Hi all I am hoping i can make some really good friends and maybe be able to meet that is going through the same as I am. I have the brca Gene and just got diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast on the 25th February and am having a double mastectomy and reconstruction on the 23rd of March. I think it would be nice to have some friends that are going through the same. I have family and friends to help me through this hard time but none of them have ever been through what i am going through. So if anyone is going through the same as me and want to make friends that live in the Adelaide Region just add me to your contacts on here.

Comments

• KarenneW
    KarenneW Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi there Twilightgirl, Just read your post.  Adelaide Breast Cancer Friendship Group sounds like the group for you.  We have both a public and a closed Facebook group.  If you are a Facebook person go into your Facebook and do a search on Adelaide Breast Cancer Friendship Group and look for our Community Site.  Then if you send a Private Message to the Group one of our Administrators, Dianne will respond and request you confirm your diagnosis and once this is received you will be admitted to the Closed Chat Room.  In the Chat Room you can speak openly of your diagnosis and treatment and ask any questions you like.  Our Chat room is only for ladies with NO MEN allowed.
    We also have regular get togethers with a luncheon coming up with Wednesday at Café Bravo Norwood.  We have a walk in the Botanic Gardens planned for Sunday 20 March, and our next evening get together is Friday 1 April at The Woodville Hotel commencing at 7pm with a Pink Theme - guess that just means wearing Pink, all will be revealed in the fullness of time.
    Look forward to meeting you,