Wednesday Workouts

Options
Ann-Marie
Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
edited February 2016 in Community news and events

Hi everyone,

I hope you are having a great week.

I wanted to give you an update on our Wednesday workouts I have been running for some of the staff at BCNA. Our first workout was an outdoor session and the second one we had to use one of our meeting rooms due to bad weather.  I wanted to surprise the staff this week with something very different so I took them to our local Fernwood and we did a cycle/core class. My playlist for the class included -

Run the world - Beyonce
Maniac - Flashdance
I want you back - Jackson 5
We will rock you - Nickelback
I'm so excited - The pointer sisters
Blame it on the boogie - Jackson 5
Footlose - Kenny Loggins
Stand by me - Ben E King
Halo - Beyonce

I wanted to make sure that everyone enjoyed themselves (as its never easy to sit on a stationary bike for a long time). So with songs they were familiar with and could sing along to, it turned out to be a fantastic session. We even had the some of the Fernwood staff join in :)

I was so happy with everyone who came along but wanted to give a little shout out to a very special lady Angela. She is a volunteer at BCNA and we love having her in the office with us.  Angela took part in the first Revitalise program we ran in conjunction with Fernwood last year. She came along to the session with us on Wednesday and did a incredible job. Here's a picture to prove it :)

Three weeks down and three more weeks to go.  I will let you know what I have in store for this very motivated group of ladies.

~ Ann-Marie

Comments

• Yvette66
    Yvette66 Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2016
    Options

Sounds like a great workout and really fun time!  Group workouts can be a blast, even spinning on a bike.  

Glad you all enjoyed and nice work to Angela!