Some Active and Well inspiration

Options
Steph Fletcher
Steph Fletcher Member Posts: 109
edited September 2016 in Day to day

I'm sending out a little inspiration on behalf of one of our fabulous Active and Well Summit delegates.

Karen Stark started the conversation by doing an Active and Well talk to 230 women at the Pink Breakfast held for the NT Womens Network.

Our hope is that women will have many opportunities to access high quality information regarding health and wellbeing along the entire continuum of care. From the hospital to out in the community.

The ripple effect of sharing this information is huge and provides women with the opportunity to adopt healthier habits for life. We know it's important.

We want health and wellbeing to be all about what we gain, not what we lose. We want our members to feel supported as they gain increased confidence, vitality and inspiration to make healthier choices.

Well done Karen! To our Get active and keep well community, what inspiration can you share with the group that has helped you along the way? It doesn't have to be a presentation, but a strategy you have used that you feel other women might benefit from.

X Steph

Tagged:

Comments

• Karen in Darwin
    Karen in Darwin Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2015
    Options

Thanks Steph,

It was a lovely breakfast and a great audience to talk to about the importance of exercise, health and well-being. I have since had the local NT News contacting me to do a Cancer feature story in the newspaper. The journalist got my details from attendees at the breakie. 

Disappointed I won't be able to attend the Susan's Fun Run on Dec 6th, but my daughter is a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding in Lillydale on the Sat night. Enjoy everyone!!!!

Cheers Karen