Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

deb

deb law
deb law Member Posts: 4
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer

Hi everyone,

I got breast cancer in 2010. It was a huge shock but you just have to scrape ya jaw from off the floor and deal with it. I had a masectomy and reconstruction of my right breast, sentinel node biopsy, chemo and tamoxifen. My right breast is just as awesome as my left one only it has a party trick where I can flex the lattisimus dorsi muscle and make it wiggle. I also had my nipple tattooed. It has faded a bit but I'm not bothered.

I got secondary breast cancer in 2013, even bigger shock cos I thought it was gone but oh well sh$t happens.

I have secondaries in my lungs, liver and bones. Still trying to find a med that I can be on for a long time. I am hr+ and her2- and am now on aromasin and affinitor.

Some lesions are shrinking but markers are rising so will see onc on Monday to see if I go on Halvelen.

I still work full-time just get tired and parts of me hurt but I get lots of help from everyone who loves me.

It would be good to chat to people with secondaries and have a good laugh. Laughter and love gets you thru plus I'm as stubborn as a mule and I'm hanging around till the cure.

Good job my onc likes me lol.

Gotta go now, hope to chat to u all soon.

Take care girlfriends xoxo:)

Comments

• SueRi
    SueRi Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2015
    Hi Deb its good to hear how positive you, I reckon we have to have a positive outlook, I tell people they cant get rid of that easy I'm here for the long haul lol
    I was diagnosed in 2009 and had secondaries in the lungs at the start, no practice runs for me lol. I am ER+ Her2+ I haven't had any surgery as they said to aggresive will leave it alone I have Herceptin every 3 weeks and Femara every night which has kept me stable so far.
    Hope you get a lot of laughs and learn alot from the wonderful ladies here
    Sue
  • deb law
    edited March 2015

Good morning sue, , was great to hear from you and the journey you are on.i think we have the same sense of humour lol.i like to think we are living not dying and a cure is not far away.i see my onc on monday to see if i go on halvelen. I've heard the side effects are not to crappy.i hope you have a great day and a lovely weekend.take care sue. Love deb xo

• deb law
    edited March 2015

Good morning sue, , was great to hear from you and the journey you are on.i think we have the same sense of humour lol.i like to think we are living not dying and a cure is not far away.i see my onc on monday to see if i go on halvelen. I've heard the side effects are not to crappy.i hope you have a great day and a lovely weekend.take care sue. Love deb xo

• jazzie1
    jazzie1 Dragonfly Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    I love your positivity, and I love that you are still working, i have felt pressured to give up work and feel that I will totally be giving up if I stop working. I have secondaries in bones lung lymph node, needed operation on lung which has really knocked the wind out of of me, i have always been a positive person and hope I get my energy back to kick up my heels and do the nut bush city limits at my step sons wedding soon......Vicki.....xxxx
  • jazzie1
    jazzie1 Dragonfly Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    I love your positivity, and I love that you are still working, i have felt pressured to give up work and feel that I will totally be giving up if I stop working. I have secondaries in bones lung lymph node, needed operation on lung which has really knocked the wind out of of me, i have always been a positive person and hope I get my energy back to kick up my heels and do the nut bush city limits at my step sons wedding soon......Vicki.....xxxx