Yay!

Options
Deanne
Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
edited October 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Went for my three month check and my left arm is smaller than my right arm again! Loosing a little more weight (only a kilo), daily exercise and daily self massage has my arm shrinking down that little bit more. They feel that if things keep going well that I will be able to reduce the massage down to every second day.

My chest and underarm feel better too so touch wood getting onto the early intervention program has worked well for me. There is so much that can be done so if you have a lymphoedema issue getting expert help and being persistent with treatment really does help. We have been through enough without more pain and discomfort from this very treatable side effect. :) Deanne xxx

Comments

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    that is so great.
    Paula :)
  • NarelleD
    NarelleD Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Deanne,

That's fantastic news.  Well done.

xxNarelle

• mum2jj
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You hit the nail on the head there Deanne. It's all about education re lymphedema and early treatment. Well done you.
    Paula x
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great comments Deanne.  I also was lucky to get great treatment and brought it under control fairly quickly but it was constant work to do so.

I will be wearing my sleeve and my stockings on my upcoming trip as I dont want to get the lymphodema back again huny.

Exercise in general is great for our lymphatic system. 

Keep up the good work and stay well luvly.

Mich xoxoxoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great comments Deanne.  I also was lucky to get great treatment and brought it under control fairly quickly but it was constant work to do so.

I will be wearing my sleeve and my stockings on my upcoming trip as I dont want to get the lymphodema back again huny.

Exercise in general is great for our lymphatic system. 

Keep up the good work and stay well luvly.

Mich xoxoxoxo

• Deanne
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It is constant work to get on top of it, but worth it. I might be going overseas next year and they have told me to get a new sleeve before I go as even if you have not been wearing it, the elastic can deteriorate if it is more than 6 months old. Another expense! But like you say I would rather be safe than sorry.

I hope you are staying well too. It's lovely to hear from you. Hope your trip goes well. Take care. Deanne xxx
  • Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Deanne huny it was lovely to hear from you even if not under best of circumstances but I hope you can get on top of it all.

My health is still very much up and down so I keep getting knocked down with one thing or another but always manage to bounce back as I always do. It will be my 3 year anniversary since diagnosis on 25th November while I am away.  It will also be Mel's 3 year anniversary since her double mastectomy while we are away so we both have something to celebrate xo 

I wont be buying any new sleeve this time and will just have to make do with what I have but I do have a choice of three.  The very expensive one I have is useless unfortunately.  That one came all the way from Germany.  I will make do this time and keep everything crossed it is all good.

Keep everything crossed nothing stands in my way of enjoying this very special holiday with my BCNA Beastie.  We will meet each other in Singapore with her coming from Sydney and me from Perth.  Spend 2 days in Singapore and then travel on to Phuket where we will work in an orphanage over there and also get to spend some great quality time together and I am sure have plenty of laughs.  I am willing this bloody body of mine to not let me down and let me enjoy a few weeks without any dramas.  Currently I am dealing with a 1.5cm gallstone that is giving me hell. 

You get yourself all better huny and I hope you can stay that way.

Luv always, Mich xoxoxooxoxox

• Deanne
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hope that you and Mel have a fantastic time, it sounds like one of those once in a lifetime trips! I remember Mel's post about having a 'bucket list'. Working in an overseas orphanage with your BCNA Bestie would have to be up there as a bucket list experience. Sending you and Mel a great big hug and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you stay well and enjoy every moment of it. Deanne xxx
  • Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you huny that is really luvly of you.

I am sure we will have the best time.

The best thing to come from getting BC is meeting my BCNA Beastie and all you beautiful and very pink sisters on this website.  You are the best.

Stay in touch

Luv today, tomorrow and always, Mich xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I am on facebook if you want to find me - Michele White with pic of hubby and me and one of my beautiful dog smiling :)

• Carol
    Carol Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Deanne,

so pleased to hear your arm has gone down and you can wear your wedding rings again. Envious of the holiday plans too!

Just remember as I must too, to wear the garment when flying. Try not to do too much as you pack 7/or clean pre holiday.

I will be having 3 days in Queensland with a friend which I am looking forward to to after hectic time leading to divorce and my talk for Sydney Alliance on 30th October re need for public services in northern sydney.

Anyone interested in lymphoedema and palliative care please try to come to Chatswood. Register at www.sydneyalliance.org.au/north

Carol

• Carol
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Deanne,

so pleased to hear your arm has gone down and you can wear your wedding rings again. Envious of the holiday plans too!

Just remember as I must too, to wear the garment when flying. Try not to do too much as you pack 7/or clean pre holiday.

I will be having 3 days in Queensland with a friend which I am looking forward to to after hectic time leading to divorce and my talk for Sydney Alliance on 30th October re need for public services in northern sydney.

Anyone interested in lymphoedema and palliative care please try to come to Chatswood. Register at www.sydneyalliance.org.au/north

Carol

• Carol
    edited March 2015
    Options

for any sho are following Sydney alliance, the ask for a free public multidisciplinary lymphoedema service in northern sydney was put to 220+ people in the chatswood hall on 30th October. approx 60 mfilled in the template lettter to be taken to the relevant politicians. Now to see how they reply!

Lymphoedema Alliance up and running since May with 14 organaistions covering breast, prostate and gynae cancer world plus some representing the therapist and their organistaion Australasian Lymphology Association. They are hoping to get our garments on a PBS like scheme but may take quite some time.

your green lymphie sister

• mum2jj
    edited March 2015
    Options
    How fantastic would that be. Can't believe they are not!!

Paula x