Working my way to being informed

Options
simone tree lover
simone tree lover Member Posts: 4
edited November 2016 in Community news and events
Hi,

Its probably time to introduce myself, I've been lurking around for a few weeks gathering information to help me cope.

I was diagnosed with TNBC a few weeks ago, luckily the tumor was tiny approx 4mm and hadn't spread. I still chose to have chemo (4 cycles of TC) followed by radio therapy to minimise the chance of it coming back.

I handled the surgery pretty well, not surprising given the tumors size and I start chemo tomorrow.

So far the worst part is waiting. I combat it by finding out as much information as I can. That's my training and my profession.

I've seen a lot of warnings about Dr Google and if I have time I'd like to collect some links to help members who don't have my background to improve their information literacy - these are skills that help you sift the good from the bad.

I'll say thanks to everybody who's posts I've read so far - it has really helped me!

Simone

Comments

• dmed
    dmed Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wishing you all the best with your chemo. Hope you have a few things together to help . I craved a few foods that I normally wouldn't have eaten. Found ginger beer helped with nausea ,pineapple with sore mouth . I had coffee and cake with family to help get me out of house at different times of my treatment as I didn't work due to being a hairdresser and my oncologist thought it was best as people might come into the salon sick. I got a lot of information from a TNBC site in England . I am now 2 years from treatment and still adjusting to the new normal. Take care Deb xxx
  • simone tree lover
    simone tree lover Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Deb,
    I'll keep the ginger beer in mind
    Simone
  • Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Simone, I am glad you are finding your way around and have introduced yourself to the group. If you need a hand - just shout! Cheers, Daina