Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

I'm new to this

Kyza
Kyza Member Posts: 3
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hello everyone I am Kylie I am 29 years old and last year I was diagonosed with stage 4 breast cancer.

As does everyone this came as a huge shock as there no history or cancer let alone breast cancer in my family.

I found a lump in my right breast while getting my weekly spray tan and everyone said that it would be a sist. March 21st was the worst day of my life even my doctors couldn't believe it all I kept hearing was your to young !!!!

Then it all started after going through some horrible doctors and oncologist I was finally recommended to the best care I could possibly get. I was so lucky to have my partner by my side thought all this he didn't stop with the information until he found this doctor. I started off with radio therapy on the brain 3 full weeks everyday of being strapped into a bed in a freezing cold room with that horrible hair burning smell I thought was horrible !!!

After that I started zometa herceptian and my chemo in the hope to shrink the cancers to as small as they could and hopefully in the near future be stable on herceptian and live a somewhat normal life.

My cancer numbers were dropping but it was not good enough so after 7 months of that I was taken off this and started zometa tykerb and xeloda!!! So that's what I am doing now this is my 4th month of this new chemo daily tablets.

I'm am an extremely positive person who loves life family friends nieces nephews just everything about daily life but I am still left thinking why me why so young

I am just after some people that could maybe relate to my last 12 months as I have lots of beautiful friends that I can talk to but sometimes feel pretty alone as everyone I know is having family's and getting married not booking in who is coming to my next appointment or scans etc :D

Comments

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015

Welcome to the group 

Hope you find love and support here. 

Xxx

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015

Welcome to the group 

Hope you find love and support here. 

Xxx

• Rikki Leigh
    Rikki Leigh Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    Hi Kyza,
    You have come to the right place for support.
    My cancer diagnosis was 16 years ago when I was 28 years old, a single mum with three small children. There will be ups and downs, tears and cheers, take one day at a time and embrace the love and support from friends, family and BCNA.
    With love
    Rikki
  • Rikki Leigh
    Rikki Leigh Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    Hi Kyza,
    You have come to the right place for support.
    My cancer diagnosis was 16 years ago when I was 28 years old, a single mum with three small children. There will be ups and downs, tears and cheers, take one day at a time and embrace the love and support from friends, family and BCNA.
    With love
    Rikki