Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

I'm new to this :D

Options
Kyza
Kyza Member Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hello everyone I am Kylie I am 29 years old and last year I was diagonosed with stage 4 breast cancer.

As does everyone this came as a huge shock as there no history or cancer let alone breast cancer in my family.

I found a lump in my right breast while getting my weekly spray tan and everyone said that it would be a sist. March 21st was the worst day of my life even my doctors couldn't believe it all I kept hearing was your to young !!!!

Then it all started after going through some horrible doctors and oncologist I was finally recommended to the best care I could possibly get. I was so lucky to have my partner by my side thought all this he didn't stop with the information until he found this doctor. I started off with radio therapy on the brain 3 full weeks everyday of being strapped into a bed in a freezing cold room with that horrible hair burning smell I thought was horrible !!!

After that I started zometa herceptian and my chemo in the hope to shrink the cancers to as small as they could and hopefully in the near future be stable on herceptian and live a somewhat normal life.

My cancer numbers were dropping but it was not good enough so after 7 months of that I was taken off this and started zometa tykerb and xeloda!!! So that's what I am doing now this is my 4th month of this new chemo daily tablets.

I'm am an extremely positive person who loves life family friends nieces nephews just everything about daily life but I am still left thinking why me why so young

I am just after some people that could maybe relate to my last 12 months as I have lots of beautiful friends that I can talk to but sometimes feel pretty alone as everyone I know is having family's and getting married not booking in who is coming to my next appointment or scans etc :D

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello Kyza,and welcome to the online network.I am a lot older than you,and I hope some younger ladies will read your post,and get in touch.Your upbeat attitude is fantastic,and as hard as it is to remain positive with BC,I have always thought that our emotions play an important part throughout treatment.It must be so very hard to be young and have BC,especially what you have been going through.I get what you mean when you say that some of your friends are having children,getting married etc.BC just grinds your life to a temporary halt.There are so many young women with breast cancer these days,with no reason as to why:( At the top of the page,you will see a heading titled Sharing and Support.If you go on there,you can search for groups in your area and you may be able to find a group of young women that you can join.Of course we would love you to stay on this network too.There are all ages on here,at all stages of their journey.I love this network because there is always someone here,24/7, and as much as my family are great,this network has been just that little bit extra special.Please stay in touch :) Cheers xoxRobyn
  • Deb F
    Deb F Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Kylie, I also am stage 4 with secondaries on my liver. I am part of a group on Facebook with young women that I find extremely helpful. Where are you secondaries? There is also a group on here for women with advanced breast cancer so you can talk with people going through the same thing.
  • francesca_maree
    francesca_maree Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kylie

I hope your treatment is going well. It's a pretty lonely and weird world sometimes havig stage 4 as a yount woman. Much of the support, and the other breast cancer patients you come across have early breast cancer, and its a very different world.
    I've met and become great friends with lots of women who've been through early breast cancer, but there's nothing quite like sharing and bonding with other ladies who know exactly what we're going through.
    I was 35 when I was diagnosed, and like you, I had seconaderies from the beginning. Unfortunately with no early detection apart from us finding lumps ourselves, it seems to be an all too common story.
    Much of the support group type activity takes part on Facebook at the moment. It's still very new, and raw for you, and I know myself and from a lot of other women I've met that support groups and groups in general are a bit overwhelming at first.
    When you feel like you are ready, there's a couple worth looking up, including

Support for Women with Advanced Breast Cancer and Young women with Breast Cancer

Best of luck!
    Frances