Getting started group

Di_BCNA
Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

The Getting Started group is for everyone in the online network to come to and ask questions if you need some help with getting set up in the network.

Ask whatever you like, and one of our members will help you find the information you need.

Who's it for? Everyone can join
Where is it? Getting started: http://www.bcna.org.au/group/538

Tagged:

Comments

• deanne_davis77
    deanne_davis77 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    I am 33 and was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I am looking for a support group for young women in the South Eastern Suburbs and if one does not exists I am hoping to create one. I'm hoping to meet during the day to allow our kids to play and allow us mum's to share similar issues. I'm hoping this website can help me connect with other young women in the South Eastern Suburbs
  • Sue OB
    Sue OB Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    I am also going to undergo free TRAM flap reconstruction. My dilemma is whether to remove my right breast (I previously had a lumpectomy) and have a bilateral reconstruction (I had a left mastectomy) - or just have a unilateral reconstruction. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has had a bilateral free TRAM flap reconstruction, your experiences, recovery etc. The likelihood of the cancer returning in my right breast is low (it was Grade 1, had gone nowhere and I have no family history) so there is no pressing reason to have it off - but as you all know - you always wonder what if it comes back .........................