Saying Hi

Options
Pegasus
Pegasus Member Posts: 5
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed

Newly diagnosed with early breast cancer two weeks ago.

Looking forward to chatting with others as I get on this rollercoaster.

Tagged:

Comments

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sorry you are joining us - but welcome to the most supportive group of pink sisters you will ever find.  You must still be shocked - we were all in a state of disbelief when we were diagnosed.  Sending you a big hug.

Once your treatment plan begins, things seem to have a flow of their own, and you will have been very busy with appointments and meeting your team since you found out.  Try to take just one day at a time, and get your My Journey kit from this site.  It's free and it is wonderful, as it covers everything you will need to know at first.  It helps to keep busy - less time to worry.

You don't say what type of cancer, but there will be someone here who has the same type, so ask any questions that will help.  Most of us have had surgery, chemo, radiotherapy, and it is all do-able.  We find the strength to do it all because we must.  We are strong women.  And if we have a bad day, we come online and vent.  The women here are wonderful.

All the very best with your treatment plan - keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.  Another big hug.

Michelle xx

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Glad you've found the sight bc is not easy it plays with every emotion you have and you can give into it or kick back at it. Ask as many questions even if you think they are silly, take someone with you so they can listen too as I think we go into a semi dazed state, but boy it goes past before you know and you see light at the end of the tunnel. Life is never the same but you have found a good place here to talk to so many mind liked women, I used so many people's advice from the sight, they were my other team as well as the doctors. I will never forget my first blog and all the responses I got I did not feel alone at all. Regards adean
  • adean
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Glad you've found the sight bc is not easy it plays with every emotion you have and you can give into it or kick back at it. Ask as many questions even if you think they are silly, take someone with you so they can listen too as I think we go into a semi dazed state, but boy it goes past before you know and you see light at the end of the tunnel. Life is never the same but you have found a good place here to talk to so many mind liked women, I used so many people's advice from the sight, they were my other team as well as the doctors. I will never forget my first blog and all the responses I got I did not feel alone at all. Regards adean
  • adean
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • mona63
    mona63 Member Posts: 237
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi there, best wishes to you; im also fairly new to all this; had surgery to remove small cancer and one lymph node removed and unfortunatley small growth there.  I was told the standard opinion was chemotherapy followed by radiation; i then became quite profoundly anxious-- i had gotten my head around surgery and radiation.  however my oncologist is recommending radiation and then tablets and i walked out of office feeling 'i can do this'  but im aware it is not standard process.  on the up side im pleasantly surprised by my surgery results--i was expecting more of a hole in my breast but barely noticeable

i feel ok now but start radiation in a weeks time and trying to plan a bit --3 or 6 weeks of this--

• michele smith
    michele smith Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

im also newly diagnose... two lumps removwed from my left breast last thur.. recovery going well only one node removed... see surgeon on friday... im 44 years old 3 kids 18 year old boy and twin girls 17 and very lucky to have a loving husband....

• Pegasus
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome to the Pink Sisters. I still do feel a sense of disbelief, and then on the other hand I see this as a huge inconvenience. I'm still a bit belligerent about the whole thing but I guess it's my way of working through it all.

I did get 'My Journey Kit' and am using it. It's a great concept and very useful.

Thanks again.
  • Pegasus
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome and support. It's good to know that here is a place that people understand and know what it's like. Life certainly did take a unpredicted swerve in the road to destiny. Thanks again. Pegasus
  • Pegasus
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the reply and welcome, I've been tardy in replying as it's been a busy and tough few weeks. Not only dealing with this BC diagnosis and further surgery, but it was also my late husband's anniversary, he died unexpectedly 3 years ago. I can honestly say that his death is the most devastating thing that ever happened. This diagnosis is the pits for sure, but honestly, losing my husband of 30 years was worse. I have two wonderful sons and whilst they do live interstate, they are very supportive. I have a positive outlook, I'm resilient and just getting on with the treatment and planning. I start radiotherapy in a few weeks, and will take things as they come. I will try and find a support group in my area, I think making contact with like minded pink sisters will be very helpful in the long run. Thanks again for the warm welcome. Pegasus
  • Pegasus
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nice to meet you, hope you are doing okay so far. I too will be starting radiotherapy soon, and then the meds. I'm not looking forward to taking regular tablets, I've always been so healthy and well. I'm dreading the potential side effects and am trying to keep an open mind. Keep in touch. Bye for now. Pegasus
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am thinking of you Pegasus as I know how hard times like this are.  Losing someone is the pits, having BC is the pits, life keeps throwing us curve balls so that is the pits but being able to share with your pink sisters makes things a lil easier during the tough times.

No words to say how I am really feeling for you right now but just to let you know that I am.

Lots of love today, tomorrow and always. Mich xoxoxoxoxo