Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

So it begins again

Sorelle1969
Sorelle1969 Member Posts: 51
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer
Well my worst nightmare has come true :(
Saw my Doc today and it appears I now have mets to my lung and liver and have to start chemo again,I'm numb,but I will fight with all my might,it's not going to win!!!! It's been caught very early and I have alot of options left,this is by no means the end......
Tagged:

Comments

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015

Hi adean here, what do we say when the unexpected happens to our new friends weve made on this sight, I dont know what to say sorelle as sorry is inadeqete but as you said it is not the end . Now is another fight and you have plenty of that in you. Your just on the journey and vereing of the path for another chapter, you will gather the strength you need as you still have to much living to do . Thinking of you adean xxxxxxx

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015

Hi adean here, what do we say when the unexpected happens to our new friends weve made on this sight, I dont know what to say sorelle as sorry is inadeqete but as you said it is not the end . Now is another fight and you have plenty of that in you. Your just on the journey and vereing of the path for another chapter, you will gather the strength you need as you still have to much living to do . Thinking of you adean xxxxxxx

• Sorelle1969
    Sorelle1969 Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Thankyou ladies for your positive words.I'm feeling very strong and determined to beat this.I did it once I will do it again.
    Love to everyone SorelleXxxx
  • Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015
    I am so sorry you are having to deal with this...

Cancer sucks!

regards and a hug, Jenn
  • MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015

I am so sorry that you have this news.  I too faced this news last year and am still going strong with lung mets now nearly 18 months later.  

There is an advanced Cancer group on here and a group of us on Facebook that chat and support each other regularly.  

When you feel ready you may like to order the Hopes and Hurdles kit from the BCNA - it has been updated and has a lot of useful information.  

It is absolutely devastating to recieve this news and it takes time and effort to get up again.  Be kind to yourself, allow yourself to dwell a little and take check.

Sending you love.  

Amanda xx (if you are interested in the FB group message me and I will let you know how to join)

• Sports Nut
    Sports Nut Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2015

Hi Sorelle,

A stage IV diagnosis is devasting, I too have mets (in my liver). There are so many treatments available these days and new ones coming out all of the time that women (and men) are living for many, many years. I have coffee occasionally with a lady who has had mets for 12 years and she is still going strong. Secondary cancer has been living with me for nearly 3 years and I still do everything that I used to (work fulltime, travel overseas etc).

It will take time but the numbness, tears, fear will ease and the world will look better. We have to stay sick enough, long enough so we can be the recipients of the cure that I am sure is just around the corner. Best wishes

• Anne Maree
    Anne Maree Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2015

Hope you receive some encouragement on this site. I was diagnosed 2 years ago with ABC with  aggressive liver and widespread bone mets and am currently doing well.

The opportunity to get and give support to others here on this site takes some of the isolation away you can feel with Advanced Breast Cancer. I do hope more and more women with ABC will feel comfortable to share on this website.

I do also hope more effort will be made in local communities to support and speak out about advanced breast cancer.

Research shows those women in good support groups with advanced breast cancer survive twice as long as those who are not well supported.

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015

Hi Sorelle,

I read on one of the BC sites recently Fight like a Girl, I love that slogan because it rings true, as women we have a large well of  inner strength.

Like all the other womens responses I wish you well and know we are all behind you.

cheers

Donna

• mgndam1603
    edited March 2015

Hi Sorelle,

I read on one of the BC sites recently Fight like a Girl, I love that slogan because it rings true, as women we have a large well of  inner strength.

Like all the other womens responses I wish you well and know we are all behind you.

cheers

Donna

• mgndam1603
    edited March 2015

Hi Sorelle,

cheers

Donna