Cancer Council bus accident

Options
Custard
Custard Member Posts: 417
edited January 2013 in Day to day

All in Tasmanian are shocked by the news of the road accident yesterday involving the Cancer Council Travel 2 Treatment bus in which 3 patients died and 7 were injured.

They were returning from the Holman Clinic and a run away trailer hit the bus causing it to crash into a pole at Elizabeth Town, some 40 minutes west of Launceston on the Bass Highway.

So many are touched by this sadness.

We all send our heartfelt condolences to family, friends and health professionals and volunteers associated with each dear person.

Comments

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options

Mandy ,how sad for all those people, as if they have not been going through enough , I felt a sadness  when my workmates were talking about it today such a tragic loss for those passed.  Condolences to everyone involved xx 

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

Mandy my thoughts and prayers go out to all those poor families how sad, 

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

We don't like to hear of those whose lives have been cut short and the bus accident in Tassie makes us realise that life is so precious.

My heart goes out to the families and friends of all involved ... may you find within yourselves the heart and strength to support the survivors and grieve for those lost.

My sincere condolances to all

Love Shirl x0x.

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

We don't like to hear of those whose lives have been cut short and the bus accident in Tassie makes us realise that life is so precious.

My heart goes out to the families and friends of all involved ... may you find within yourselves the heart and strength to support the survivors and grieve for those lost.

My sincere condolances to all

Love Shirl x0x.

• Dancing with Ned 2002
    Dancing with Ned 2002 Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sad to hear this news, my thoughts are with the family and friends of all involved. Sharon x

• Dancing with Ned 2002
    Dancing with Ned 2002 Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sad to hear this news, my thoughts are with the family and friends of all involved. Sharon x

• Collinbee
    Collinbee Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts with you all.

June

• Collinbee
    Collinbee Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts with you all.

June

• magicmum
    magicmum Member Posts: 285
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's such a total waste. Our hearts go out to all those affected, including the Cancer Council people who would know all of those folk so well and the staff at the Holman Cliic who become as your friends. They picked themselves up and carried on.

It seems so unfair when you;re trying your hardest to beat a cruel disease, to have your life ended so senselessly.

magicmum

• Nikki Lutwyche
    Nikki Lutwyche Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options

My Mum Lyn was one of the patients lost in the accident that should never have happened. 

I came across this blog by accident and I'd like to thank all for their kind words.

Our Mum was the most amazing mother and Grandmother we could have asked for and we miss her so very much.

I hope that everyone going through their own troubled times has great success and lots of good times ahead.

Many thanks

Nikki

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Nikki, I hope you are starting to come to terms with the loss of your darling Mother.  We know that one day those near and dear to us aren't going to be around forever but when they leave because of a needless tragedy it is harder still to accept.

I lost my Mum 5 years ago - she was 97 and ready to go but I wasn't ready to say goodbye.  She was my best friend, I had known her for 59 years and how dare she leave me.

They say that time heals the pain but that's cold comfort to those left behind.  Remmber your Mum with smiles, not tears .... I'm sure that is what she would want.

Take care ... Love Shirl x0x.

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Nikki, I hope you are starting to come to terms with the loss of your darling Mother.  We know that one day those near and dear to us aren't going to be around forever but when they leave because of a needless tragedy it is harder still to accept.

I lost my Mum 5 years ago - she was 97 and ready to go but I wasn't ready to say goodbye.  She was my best friend, I had known her for 59 years and how dare she leave me.

They say that time heals the pain but that's cold comfort to those left behind.  Remmber your Mum with smiles, not tears .... I'm sure that is what she would want.

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

• Nikki Lutwyche
    Nikki Lutwyche Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you x

Hi Shirley

I can see by your message that you understand.

I thought I would have so many years left to spend with an amazing woman to everyone that ever had the pleasure to meet her.

I'm feeling really ripped off that she was taken in such a way and on her only grandsons birthday. She was so special to William and I'm finding difficult to explain to him when he wakes up crying and wanting Nanny. I so wanted him to have Mum's beautiful, kind influence to guide him.

I'm trying to come to terms with it but I can't look anywhere without something reminding me of her. I don't know how long it takes but the pieces feel like they are so out of reach and putting them together feels almost impossible.

I'm sorry but I've just had to say exactly how I feel.

I hope it doesn't upset you but thank you for kind messages.

Nikki x
  • ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Nikki, you have nothing to apologise for !!!

The beauty of these pages is that we can come on here and chat to each other as if we were sitting around sharing a coffee (or a wine LoL).  Doesn't matter what we need to talk about, there is always someone to listen to us

Take care of yourself

love Shirl x0x