Registrations open for Pink Footy & Netball Day 2012!

Options
Maxine
Maxine Member Posts: 41
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to let you all know that registrations are now open for Pink Footy & Netball Day 2012.

Our annual Pink Footy & Netball Day will be held on Mother's Day weekend 12-13 May 2012. Football and netball clubs around Australia will turn HOT PINK during their matches and raise funds and awareness for BCNA.

BCNA's Pink Footy & Netball Day will run nationally for the first time this year, enabling more suburban and country footy and netball clubs than ever before the chance to come together in a show of strength and support for local women and families affected by breast cancer.

Football and netball clubs around Australia will be 'pinking up' their clubs and hosting fundraising events such as sausage sizzles, raffles and auctions.

Pink Footy & Netball Day not only raises money to provide information and support for our women, but it creates a meaningful way that clubs can get together in celebration and remembrance of the women in their club and community affected by breast cancer.

If you would like to be involved, I encourage you to get in contact with your local football and netball clubs.  Many clubs will be thrilled to hear from local women who have experienced breast cancer and involve them in their planned activities.  If your local clubs aren't already involved, encourage them to sign up and support BCNA.

Maxine

P.S. Pink Footy & Netball Day has its very own fundraising website -- you can find out more about the event, and search for local teams, by visiting: http://bncapinkfootyandnetballday.gofundraise.com.au

Tagged:

Comments

• seaford jenny
    seaford jenny Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015
    Options

i beleive the afl have a pink game as well is this the same weekend or is this something different

• seaford jenny
    seaford jenny Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015
    Options

i beleive the afl have a pink game as well is this the same weekend or is this something different

• Laura Crowden
    Laura Crowden Member Posts: 109
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny,

You may be referring to BCNA’s Field of Women LIVE event which occurs every few years and receives the support from the AFL. http://www.bcna.org.au/events/field-women-live

Pink Footy & Netball Day is an annual event which is going Australia-wide for the first time in 2012! 

Hopefully your community will get involved. 

Let me know if you would like any more information.

Cheers,

Laura