Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Hi. I was diagnosed with mbc in 2021. An MRI done of my hip (me thinking I needed a hip replacement) revealed a bone lesion and further scans showed I had lesions in my skull, breast bone and right shoulder blade. Radiation helped with the pain in my hip and I am now able to walk unaided. I have been on letrozole and Verzenio (abemaciclib) since mid 2021 and so far results have been positive. Lesions have either shrunk or stabilised and there is no sign of cancer in organs. 
I know that one day treatment may cease to work but in the meantime I remain positive and enjoy every single day. I love to travel, cook and spend time with family and friends. 
I’m forever grateful for Bcna, my medical team and all the research that goes in to treatments for this disease. I know others are not as lucky as me and I wish everyone well on their individual journeys. 

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 8,056
    So sorry to see you join us here, @joyalick6 ... and terrific that your treatment is working well for you xx 

Treatment for Mets is going ahead in leaps & bounds every year, specially with the newer immunotherapy drugs being made available now as well .... some are almost considered a 'magic bullet' ... and long may they last. 

Wishing you all the best for you ongoing treatment and a life lived to the fullest xx
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,427
    @joyalick6

Thank you for your inspiring story - it’s great to hear of productive treatment and optimism! 
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,444
    Thanks for sharing your story. I was diagnosed with bc in 2020 and mets in 2023. It's wonderful to hear people doing well. Best wishes for your ongoing treatment.