Two different types of breast cancer (TNBC / ER+)

Options
Mez_BCNA
Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 880
Moderator moved @kathy99 comment to own dedicated discussion:

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,600
    Options
    Sorry to see you join our select little group, @kathy99 - I hope we can help you with any of your queries xx.  I hope you're recovering well from your surgery xx. All the best for your radiation - most of us find it the easiest of all the treatments, but you do need to lather up well after each treatment (2 or 3 times before bed) and keep an eye out for 'sunburn' or skin erruption/breakdown.  They will be keeping an eye on it as well.  

Wow - you've had an interesting time, diagnosis wise .... so do they still think you are Triple Negative as well as hormone fed?   Can you actually be both at the same time?  No real reason why not, i guess?  THey just may not see it very often?    (We have a private group for those who are Triple Neg as it is different treatment to everyone else. xx. Feel free to join & discuss your diagnosis with them.) 

All the best for your ongoing treatment xx. Jump onto this thread to read a bit more about the forum & other topics you may have an interest in ;) 

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/23477/a-big-welcome-to-all-our-new-members#latest

take care 
  • Vic0002
    Vic0002 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello!

Hope your treatment is going well! 

My little lump (shrinking bit by bit) is also TNBC with 5% estrogen positive. I've completed AC and at 9/12 of taxol/carbo. It only just clicked the other day what would happen with the hormone positive part of the tumor - surgery isn't booked until June (TBC I have a breast cancer surgeon but wanting to do an immediate recon and I'm lost with surgeons!). I'll have to wait until the surgery to see what is left and go from there! It's never ending is it - like you never know whats going to happen until you get to each part of the journey - it's crazy. 

I'll have to find the triple negative platform - I'm very new but the hormone and tnbc caught my eye!

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,600
    Options
    Sorry to see you join our group too @Vic0002 .... I hope the rest of your treatment goes well. xx

Very interesting that you also have the mix of + and - ...... here is the link to join the TNBC private group - your request probably won't be 'activated' til Mon tho.
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/30-triple-negative-breast-cancer-tnbc

Please check out the link in my post, about the forum in 'general' .... and if you feel yourself getting very sad or overly worried, give our helpline a call on 1800 50 258 for a chat, Mon-Fri.  Just talking with someone who KNOWS all the ins & outs, will help.   

Also, consider listening to Charlotte Tottman's Podcasts - she is a BC psychologist who was diagnosed in 2018 and had a double mastectomy & stayed flat.  She was surprised that the diagnosis hit her as hard as it did, as she'd been counseling women for YEARS on helping THEM get over the shock ... This disease actually mucks more with your BRAIN than your body, I reckon!  So she really 'gets it', more than any others (who haven't experienced it themselves.)  Below is her story in PDF form.  And the podcast link is here:

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=charlotte tottman

Make sure you Click on 'view 22 tracks' and start with No 13 (which is the first episode of Series One - weird that they've put Series 2 'first'!)   They are really good as she talks more as a BC survivor, not a Psychologist - and they are very easy to listen to!
    Take care & all the best for your ongoing treatment xx

• Vic0002
    Vic0002 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you so much for your response! I'll have a look and see the podcast - its so hard to make these decisions! The helpline sounds amazing - sometimes its hard to find people who really understand. You can seem "fine" on the outside and just getting through it but it really is a mental (and everything else) mindf&^() isn't it. Thank you again! These steroids have me up at 2:30am so going to do this and then some laundry and wash the kids school clothes! Never stops! haha 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Dear @Vic0002,

from jennyss in Western NSW
  • kathy99
    kathy99 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I response to Arlpie, yes diagnose is still triple negative lobular breast cancer and estrogeon positive breast cancer .   The cells taken after the masectomy don’t lie am afraid and don’t change after looking at them .  So the diagnose hasn’t changed .  This was picked up by pathologists checking removed tissue from the body ie breast that was removed and nodules .