Welcome New Members - 7th December 2023

Options
Mez_BCNA
Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 876
edited December 2023 in Community news and events

Welcome to our newest Online Network members:

@umagov @SisterSue @Bobbi @sophiek55 @laurenjmocke @Monica69 @Margi @Yanni @Mareealso @lols @Maria84 @Dannidig @Elfrida @Dizzyblonde @MGT @KGIRL @Malleemouse @alex76 @gwen88 @Mahjah @SaraJ @WeeJanny @kiras @ecm @Gemina @CQ1974 @TaylorTiller @Toosta @Lisa_Lo @dayle1959 @maryviss @Saras @Tracey_M

You have found your way to Breast Cancer Network Australia's (BCNA's) Online Network. This is a forum where you are not alone and can engage with generous members who provide meaningful support to each other. You can share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with other members. Please explore our various Groups for members who are looking for greater peer-to-peer support. 

The following links may also be helpful in getting you started: 

Our long-time members (newbies too!) are a wealth of information regarding the useful discussion topics and information available through BCNA's Online Network, therefore please do not hesitate to post your questions. You have the option to add details about yourself to your  'Profile' (Update your profile image by clicking 'Change My Picture')  and if you would like more targeted responses, you may like to add where you live (e.g. Sydney; Melbourne; Regional Victoria). 

If you need help navigating the Online Network please message myself @Mez_BCNA or one of our other moderators: @Denise_BCNA , @Risha_BCNA , @Pat_BCNA, @Georgie_BCNA@Kate_BCNA , @Daina-BCNA

Please note: the Online Network is not moderated by staff/volunteers on the weekends, however if you need something actioned, the quickest way to resolve your query is to contact the Helpline Team via email helpline@bcna.org.au or phone 1800 500 258 Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm AEST

Comments

• dayle1959
    dayle1959 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for your welcome 😀

I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer in July and have been through the whirlwind of scans and Doctor appointments 

I am so grateful that BCNA have information on Metastatic and I loved listening to Dr Charlotte 

Again, thank you ❤️ 
    Dayle
  • Karen_Meg
    Karen_Meg Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,
    I was diagnosed stage 2b in October.  Lumpectomy late October 72mm invasive mixed ductal lobular not clear margins but no lymph nodes.  Was due to start chemo however shifted to regional oncologist who recommended oncotype dx (prog/ estr positive her2 neg.  Oh the wait has been awful.  One more week then either chemo or mastectomy asap.  It’s been hard having the shift with different approaches by the medical oncologists.  I’m amazed by the wisdom and support as I read threads here. I’m still trying to understand this complex situation but thanks to all on this forum.
    Karen
  • FiFiK
    FiFiK Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi 
    I'm newly diagnosed, I've been through the whirlwind of ultrasounds, mammograms and a biospy. My appointment is today to find out what has been discovered. It is a comfort that all my emotions have been experienced by everyone else. I want to find out the details but equally want to stick my head in the sand and pretend. I guess a new 'normal' is about to be thrust upon me ready of not. I am so grateful to have found this forum as the experience can feel very isolating.