Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

pain and fatigue and having a whinge

Options
Anne94
Anne94 Member Posts: 162
hi everyone
I've come online to have a whinge.  My femurs are aching a lot in the last couple of days.  I have nails inserted in both of them.  Recently had radiation to the left femur and pelvis to help with pain. Now my right femur seems to be giving me heaps of jip now.  I think I overdid it the other day - did all the washing and housework. Now I think I'm paying for it. Also both breasts have sore spots and my head hurts..
Anyway I'm having a sook.  Don't want to say anything to the family or friends has they have had so much on their plates lately. Scans on tuesday - thanks for letting me debrief

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,286
    Options
    Hi @Anne94 it's ok to have a whinge and why not. It's all very hard. Hope that radium gives you relief. I had radium on spine mets and it took a month or so but I did get relief. I understand not wanting to say anything to anyone about what you are going through. I mentioned a side effect to a friend who asked how I was and as soon as I explained what was happening to me (and I didn't give alot of details) they said let's talk about more happy things. They aren't malicious but it made me realise that people just don't really want to know what it's like. Hang in there. Sending you a virtual hug 🫂 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,600
    Options
    Feel free to Whinge away @Anne94 .... that is totally allowed - and we have broad shoulders, so lean on us - and we 'get it'  xx 

I am so sorry you are going thru this pain - and hope the rads helps xx  Can you talk to your Onc about the possibility of using Medicinal Cannabis Oil (CBD/THC) - it comes in different strengths - and really DOES take the edge off a lot of the pain (and can help you sleep better too.)  And it is NOT opioids!  

With regular pain killers, it is important to take the meds in the right order - both as the levels increase - and more importantly on the decrease as well ...... they the Pain Ladder ... lots of info on it here:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK554435/

Yep, that is so sad @Cath62 and Anne, that you can't even tell a watered down version to family and friends - as they just don't 'get it'.  They usually think that everything is 'honky dory' after surgery & active treatment .... even tho you've been diagnosed with mets  :(   And are do not understand at ALL that it is always ongoing ..... 

Take care & all the best with your scans, Anne and all the best Cath xx Big hugs to you both

• cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 721
    Options
    @Anne65 whinge away. Often this is the only place we can let fly. Because everyone on here gets it and do their best to commiserate and  bring us back up. I’ve stopped telling most of my family even the ones i live with if I'm having a bad day. 
    Sending big virtual hugs your way

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,286
    Options
    Totally get not saying anything about bad days. No one is really interested and I just keep things close to my chest because I don't want to turn people away. I don't have too many family or friends that I see anyway. 
  • Cindi
    Cindi Member Posts: 133
    Options
    I also understand, a lot of people just don't get it, unless they've been there.

And nothing wrong with having a winge. I do it a lot on here !! 
     it helps, and everyone here is lovely.

I'm so sorry you have to go through so much.

xo