Two different types of breast cancer

Options
Larry
Larry Member Posts: 4
edited March 2023 in Newly diagnosed
In 2019 I was diagnosed with Triple negative breast cancer in the left breast and had a masectomy and chemo. In 2022 I was diagnosed with hormonal breast cancer in the right breast and had the second masectomy. I have been on Tomoxifin for 5 months but stopped taking it after speaking with my Oncologist. I had so many side effects. I am post menopausal
i would love to hear from others who have had the two types of cancer. Also from others who encountered Tomoxifin side effects such as nausea, dizziness and depression. 

Comments

• Larry
    Options
    Really like to hear from others who have had two different types of breast cancer and unpleasant side agency’s from Tamoxifin
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    Sorry @Larry I can't help. I know many of the members have been on Tamoxifen and had bad side effects so hopefully one of them will be able to help. Not many have had two different types of BC. Sending you hugs. 
  • StarGirl
    StarGirl Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi @Larry, I also have 2 types of bc. I was diagnosed with stage 4 de novo HER2+ bc in 2015 and then with hormonal bc in 2018. I did chemo for the first one and remain on herceptin and perjetta and had a mastectomy and radiation for the second one. I have refused tamoxifen and letrozole because 2 oncologists agreed that the side effects would likely outweigh any benefit as my HER2+ cancer is metastatic anyway. Star xx
  • Larry
    Options
    Star girl. Thankyou for your response. My Oncologist agreed that Tamoxifin could be stopped as the Triple Negative was the most aggressive and Tamoxifin was not a precaution for this type of cancer. It has been a couple of weeks but I am still having dizziness and the occasional hot flush. 
  • au0rei
    au0rei Member Posts: 248
    Options
    StarGirl said:
    Hi @Larry, I also have 2 types of bc. I was diagnosed with stage 4 de novo HER2+ bc in 2015 and then with hormonal bc in 2018. I did chemo for the first one and remain on herceptin and perjetta and had a mastectomy and radiation for the second one. I have refused tamoxifen and letrozole because 2 oncologists agreed that the side effects would likely outweigh any benefit as my HER2+ cancer is metastatic anyway. Star xx

@StarGirl May I know what you mean by your her2+ is metastatic?

@larry I have no experience with Tamoxifen. I did learnt recently that Tamoxifen is a type of SERMs that is used to treat breast cancer and also helps against osteoporosis. It does cause hot flushes... This is the video where I learnt it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mllhZUsI_WU&t=521s

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,278
    Options
    Hi @Larry, I suffered terribly from tamoxifen. I only had one type breast cancer and was post menopause but went on tamoxifen to avoid side effects of joint pain from AIs. However tamoxifen was ok for 12 months and then the side effects got to me, breathlessness to the point I felt like I could not get up 6 steps, depression and mood swings, fatigue and heart issues. I stopped with oncologist support and the improvements were incredible. I have since started Letrozole and while I think my bone density may take a hit, so far so good. Hope it works out for you. Best wishes